“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Blantyre
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Nice place, sonewhat fancy for the expats and well to do locals. Unfortunately my 400 gram rack lacked beef to eat. It was flamboyed to the point of being on fire including almost myself and the french fried for sure. Not a pleasant experience. Hilarious however for all the visitors. My company had great steak. Nice desert and fine live music.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We have visited often and always had great food.

On 17 June however we had the worst experience.

My husband ordered "sticky ribs" which was smothered in bottled tomato sauce (ketchup). A thick layer was literally smeared over the ribs. Based on the description in the menu a bbq sauce was expected. He scraped it off but only ate about a 1/3 due to the quantity and overpowering ketchup flavor. He told the waiter the food was not acceptable who responded with "ok" and left.

My steak had 2 thick sinews running through the piece of meat. Any chef should have noticed this during preparation.

I hope the quality quickly returns to what we are use to.

Date of visit: June 2018
Mischa L, General Manager at 21 Grill on Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear CapsLL

I trust you are well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 21 Grill.

I sincerely apologies for what happened during your dining experience it is not how we usually operate. I take full responsibility for the what happened and I will personally handle this.

Regards
Mischa Lehner

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Good place. Yammy food. Price are reasonable.
Master chef is nice guy and kind.
I am not a Malawian. If you'll visit to blantyre. Go and eat. But you have to understand that this is africa.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Excellent food and very well prepared. Friendly caring staff always ready to make sure you are enjoying your meal.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Dinners at the 21 Grill are meant to impress, satisfy and at the end of the meal, the gastronomic experience is something one will definitely cherish. Great for dinners with family, friends, or a significant other, the menu here caters to all sorts of cravings with a fusion of flavors that lovingly reflect Mediterranean and Asian fusion. A must when in Blantyre!

Date of visit: November 2017