“Good food, but slow service!”
Review of Putipu

Putipu
Ranked #15 of 60 Restaurants in Malindi
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I popped into Putipu for a meal. I was disappointed to learn that my favourite meal, chicken shawarma, was no longer on the menu; being under a new management that revised the menu offerings. I settled for chips and chicken cooked with olives and red wine. It was a hearty and delicious meal, and the serving was an extra large portion, though I still prefer the chicken shawarma and I hope it is brought back to the menu! The staff are friendly, but the service is very slow.

There are newer reviews for Putipu

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Popped in on the offchance of a decent Italian meal and wasn't disappointed. Had a delicious pizza, while my wife really enjoyed her carbonara. Will add to the "go again" list.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

White walls, hanging garden, decent music and good food.

We stumbled across this place when looking for a dinner option on the stop outside the mall. A lot of place being shut for the low season.

We had a great time. Pizza, salad and pasta course with a cold bottle of South African white. It was a really nice dinner.

The waiter was really attentive and friendly, the restaurant wasn't busy but he really made us feel special.

We'd definitely recommend if in town. If we ever return, we'll be back.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

I had a chicken shawarma and a coffee in this restaurant. It was a huge and filling portion consisting of some rice, French fries, vegetable and the chicken shawarma in pitta bread. It was very tasty and filling. The menu is in Italian, even for non-Italian meals, so for a non-Italian language speaker the wait staff would need to translate the menu. It's a classy and posh restaurant with prices on the higher side, but it was well worth it. And the coffee was freshly brewed, for a coffee junkie like me, the aroma itself is to die for. As is the taste. Will definitely come back for a meal here when I next pop into Malindi.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Probably the best pizza I have had in Kenya! really awesome flavours, we were three and we ordered three different pizzas and all of them turned out beautifully. The ambiance is really classy and it is the perfect romantic spot to impress a date.