All reviews turkish restaurant summer garden beer garden nice hotel breakfast buffet is best hotel in town business trip other hotels internet access anywhere in the world excellent stay caviar rooms are spacious taxi service indoor pool bars and restaurants room service
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We have been using the services of the hotel for years. We are pleased to see that the hotel maintains a high level of service, is well managed. The summer garden facilities are superb. Location is perfect, very central.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
intercontinenta... a, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Almaty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your precious time and writing a review of our hotel.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to see you touched on all the points we pride ourselves on.
We hope you will be back soon and give us the opportunity to provide you with the high level service again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The InterContinental Almaty is huge! I was surprised with how big it was. This is definitely a hotel that is also a main event venue for the city.

I had the hotel arrange a car to pick me up. The driver was there and the drive was smooth. Check in was quick (which was appreciated for a late evening check in).

I read in previous reviews that A/C does not get any colder than 20C. That is correct. Although I had it set to go lower, the room only got to 20C (which was comfortable enough). The room had an older feel to it (it could definitely go for a renovation in the next year or so). The room was clean and the amenities were plentiful. The room was also quiet. The bathroom was large and everything worked well.

The location is great. I was able to walk to all of the city's main sights. And for when I didn't want to walk, both Yandex and Uber were easy to order. The hotel is next to a lovely park, which was nice to walk around.

My biggest issue with the hotel was breakfast. I ate breakfast there only one morning. The food didn't seem particularly fresh. And the staff at breakfast were terrible. Half of the staff were just sitting around at a table (which I took of picture to show at checkout). For the amount that breakfast cost, the hotel needs to drastically improve the staff and food offering.

When I checked out, the breakfast staff had not processed my breakfast. So I had to wait for them to come by and bring me a receipt to sign (even though I was trying to get to the airport). I informed the receptionist about the issues with the staff (and showed her the picture of the staff just sitting). She was also surprised. I was even more surprised that she charged me for breakfast because of these issues. As InterContinental is a Western-brand hotel, she should have removed that charge as a gesture of good faith.

In any event, I would return to the InterContinental, though I wouldn't recommend the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
intercontinenta... a, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Almaty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you for the time you have taken to write your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in general and would like to apologize for the service at the breakfast.
Concerning the staff sitting around at a table they were the airlines crew who stayed at our Hotel.

We would like to assure you that necessary actions will be taken in order to improve the service at the breakfast.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

As a luxury travel blogger I've had a chance to stay in many hotels in Almaty. I found the intercontinental to be ideal for business travels who value convenience in service, location, and facilities. Some pluses include ample free parking, excellent central location, great service and concierge, plus an awesome Executive Lounge serving breakfast, drinks and canapés.

Rooms are as expected, clean, comfortable and posh.

The hotel is def an older one of the Almaty offerings, but I guess you can say that adds to the charm. For the full review and pictures, check my site at world-adventurer.com Overall it was an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
intercontinenta... a, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Almaty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your precious time and writing a great review of our hotel.
We hope you will be back soon and give us the opportunity to provide you with the great service again.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night on a family trip.
Hotel has got a vintage feel (marble, woods, etc), older style but still well maintained for the most part

Good:
Location
Room size
Complimentary water
Kettle
Pool and overall gym change rooms/area facility
Quality of food at breakfast/bar

Could be better:
Pool water temperature was cold
Breakfast (~35USD/person)
Bathtub could be upgraded
Overall food cost at facility

Tips:
You can ask staff for taxis to be called. Expect them to suggest the hotel cars which are readily available but at approx double the cost.

Overall we were happy with the stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
intercontinenta... a, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Almaty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear guest,

We thank you for the time you have taken to write your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We highly appreciate your comments which are very important for us in further improvement of our performance.
We look forward for an opportunity of welcoming you back again during your next visits to Almaty, Kazakhstan.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week for a course. Right from the pickup from the airport (US$18) to being dropped off again, the staff were attentive and helpful, ensuring that my lack of Russian was never a problem as they all spoke English to a high standard. The hotel is very well run and hosted a large conference at the same time as I was there, with no noticeable drop in standards. My room was well appointed, spotlessly clean and comfortable - ask for an upper floor, facing the park as you get a fantastic view of the mountains to the south of Almaty.
Our course administrator was very complimentary about the support the hotel staff gave them: ensuring that the room worked as it should and that the refreshments were on time - they were excellent, but it’s not a good time to be on a diet! The only real negative were the high prices for drinks and food at the bar. It’s worth heading off into town if you’re after reasonable value for money.
Overall, it was a very good venue for a week-long course and I look forward to returning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business