See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Arrived very early in morning - about 2am. Receptionist was helpful enough. Room had what was needed, including safe. Fairly unexciting view, but the price was realistic and satisfactory (although it was booked by a local friend). The online booking price was significantly higher.
Breakfast was perfectly OK and I really enjoyed the dining room. I had a morning coffee there one morning and ordered a cheesecake from the menu. Had to wait 35 minutes for that. (bought locally?)
But the most important thing for me was that the management were flexible. They allowed to stay in the room longer than I had booked because I had a late flight.
I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms out the back are quieter but not so pleasant a view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Both I and my family travelling companion selected this hotel of a series provided by a local travel agencies that arranges visas by way of letter of invitation. We were left with very little choice here. The hotel has a few merit worthy points: it is central and within a few minutes walk to Abay Metro station bearing in mind the limited scope of the metro. The rooms are a decent size and the bathroom contains most of the amenities one would expect. The shower had a frequent tendency to leak from the head causing the floor to become inundated. The cleaner performed a perfunctory servicing of the room, not replenishing the toilet roll for many days.

When I checked in at 5am the receptionist was in a slumber and had to be awaken in order for me to check in.

The breakfast is one of the most miserly I'd experienced. When coming in the dining room to have breakfast the staff were distracted, texting away; upon seeing us they seemed displeased that they would have to do something. We bad to sign a docket to have breakfast which seemed like an oddly bureaucratic procedure. Breakfast consisted of some fried eggs, sliced omelette, anaemic sausage bathing in hot water, something in a deep metal container which looked like dried out mashed potato that turned out to be porridge, which when accompanied with the conserves to one side was actually the most appealing on offer. Breakfast was in short, very limited.

The staff at the hotel, particularly at the reception seemed very disinterested. When passing in or out of the hotel their interest seemed to be to take stock of who was coming or going rather than greeting is I'm any way of showing an effigy of a smile.

When asking if we could call Eco Taxis to prebook our taxi, the receptionist refused insisting we use their taxi company which is almost 50% higher in price.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank seasonedaveler
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Nice, clean, calm, has a very cozy restaurant "Balkon" on the first floor, where breakfast is nice ! It is not expensive ! Wifi works a bit slowly, but it does ;) pressure of the water in the shower could be higher... but is all good ;)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I went on business trip to Almaty and I paid less than 40 euros (17 000 KZT) for a single room in this good hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean with the flatscreen TV. The hotel is located conveniently close to major streets and entertainment places and different bars on Dostyk avenue. The breakfast was somewhat limited. It takes 30-40 minutes to get to the airport.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We checked in to this hotel in the second week of february.Reservations was done through our favourite travel company Blissworld Kochi.
The hotel is in the down town of Almaty city close to independence square and the under ground metro.All the attractions and shopping area are near by.
The check in was smooth with english speaking FO staff.The rooms are spacious and cozy with good heating system in and speedy wifi.The elevator is really big and so also the corridors.The toilets too are neat with quality linen.The only concern was the break fast with the very same dishes for the entire five days of our stay and that too in very limited quantities by Indian standards.Also you have to climb some eight or nine steps to reach the cramped lobby.The first floor restaurant is pretty ordinary and the service of the restaurant staff is not up to the mark.Mean while the room service is very fast !!!The restaurant is over prices as well.
However considering the value for money aspect but for the restaurant, this three star property is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends