Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2019

Four of us (me, husband, adult son, son's friend) stayed at the Richmond Hotel Kochi for three nights in April-May 2019. It was Golden Week, so the hotel was completely full -- and I mean FULL. Although I made the reservation in January, only standard double rooms were available by then, and these were very expensive relative to off-season prices. I checked a few weeks later and the entire hotel was booked.

But we had a great time! The rooms were pretty darn small but sharing a double bed didn't turn out to be that bad--a shelf across the back of the bed meant that even the person who got stuck up against the wall had a place to put book, glasses, reading light, etc. The bathrooms were no tinier than usual, and although the elevators & lobby were overflowing with people, it made for a festive atmosphere. Despite all the happy guests, we weren't bothered by noise from hallways or neighboring rooms, and the front desk staff were unfailingly friendly and polite.

And the location is excellent--the hotel opens into the Obiyamachi shopping arcade, and is about a block from the Hirome market (seared bonito is amazing!) and a block further from Kochi castle. We did have a car, which we parked in the hotel-affiliated lot about a block away. There are lots of one-way streets in Kochi, so you have to be strategic about dropping off your bags before parking. Oh, and you drive up on to the sidewalk in order to enter the parking lot. But the attendants are very helpful (and very plentiful), and there are in-and-out privileges, so the whole thing was less of a pain than I thought it might be.

So, all in all, it's a nice modern hotel in a good location--and a good place to stay if you happen to be going to Kochi. Even during Golden Week!

Room tip: For two people, get a twin room not a double unless you like being *very* cozy,
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JB-in-SB
Richmond-Hotel-Kochi, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

We would also like to thank you for your quick follow-up and kind comments.
Your favorable comments has warmed our hearts and we will strive for excellence in our service.
We eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to serving you again.
On behalf of the staff, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage and your compliments.

Front Ojima

Reviewed 14 May 2019

We stayed in Kochi for a couple of nights. We chose the Richmond to be downtown rather than close to the station, however the walk from the station was only 15 min. We liked the hotel a lot and the price was very good. The room had a nice view, was quiet, spacious and very well maintained. The large and comfortable night wear was appreciated too. We had no trouble getting around, the tramway was a couple of blocks away, and walking was easy with a sheltered pedestrian street at their door. Breakfast was good too, with several choices. I had fish both days and it was a generous portion and very well prepared. Kochi seems to be a smoking friendly town, and we sometimes had a slight odour of tobacco smoke in our non-smoking room. It was not overwhelming or irritating, just surprising. We would definitely recommend the Richmond.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank step_ott

Front Ojima

Reviewed 27 March 2019

Stayed for 3 nights, and the room (Hollywood Twin) we stayed in was huge! The hotel is right smacked in the Obiyamachi shopping street, with easy access to the Hirome Market and Kochi Castle. If you don't mind walking, Kochi JR is also pretty near. The hotel is also near the airport bus stop, Hasuike if you are coming from the airport and Kita-Harimaya if you are leaving for the airport.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richmond-Hotel-Kochi, フロント at Richmond Hotel Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2019

Front desk Hinako Umanoue

Reviewed 25 March 2019

I was staying in Kochi for three nights, the first night was at a nearby hotel called Kochi Hotel. Then the next two nights I booked this hotel. It has a very high rating on Tripadvisor and it’s very near the weekend market which is extremely convenient if that is why you are in Kochi for.

Check In Date

Theme
Boutique

Room
Corner Double Room – Non-Smoking

The corner double room is 18.5 square metre which is adequately spacious when it comes to hotels in Japan. But what really attracted me was the size of the double bed, the normal size for double bed in asia is 140cm, but here the double bed is 160cm! Now, that just means ‘a very good night of sleep’ to me so I wasn’t going to let that get away.

The room looks exactly like the photos on their website, the room is brightly lit, no foul smell and it was adequately spacious. There is a short corridor with the bathroom being on the left before going into the actual bedroom. There is a small partition on the left that separates the corridor from the main bedroom which is very considerate of them, they definitely planned the design out carefully,

A large desk located infront of the windows with blackout curtains, which definitely means I will get a good night sleep. The TV on the desk was average size, if the TV was bigger and hanged on the wall adjacent to the bed then it would have been much more convenient. The kettle and fridge were clean and good to use.straight away, some fridges have nasty smell. I was really surprised to see a smartphone on the desk, it says ‘free’, can use it while staying here. I did not get the chance to try it outside the hotel as I have my own simcard with data already, but it’s great if you don’t.

Verdict

Pros
Huge bed
Spacious and clean room
Modern design
Good shampoo and shower soap
Free smartphone
Car park on site
Vending machines and ice machine available on 7th floor
Reasonable price

Cons
None

A great hotel in Kochi, with a good location, modern design and extremely clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable, not too soft and two pillows each which was great. This was a great budget hotel which I slept soundly for two nights, everything was nearby, with all the restaurants I wanted to try around the corner and the weekend market was just two blocks away. Even the main shopping street is just downstairs, it was a great location! I was really sad I didn’t get to stay all the nights I was in Kochi, so next time!

Would I go back again? Yes, definitely
Rating from my brain (out of 5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥
Rating from my heart (out of 5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥♥
Overall rating (out of 10 hearts) : ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 9/10

Room tip: High floor. Avoid 7th or 10th floor since the vending machines and washing machines are on that floor
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

We eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to serving you again.
Once again, we would like to express our sincere thanks for choosing our place.

front desk Hinako Umanoue

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

I was stay for weekend on smoking room, the room is bigger than Japanese average size, also easy check in and payment on the machine, location are very good in the center of obayamachi, you got everything you need, also for female guest you’ll get sheet mask and skin care, the shampoo are incredible good, for you who come here at first probably the location a bit tricky cause I’m the center of obayamachi with Japanese sign.
I will Definitely will back to this hotel when I visit kochi city again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank githau2014
Richmond-Hotel-Kochi, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2018

front desk SakieOjima