See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2018

The hotel is close to the castle and in front of the streetcar station. The staff is polite and helpful. That being said, there quite a few aspects which we did not like. First, we were asked to prepay the room on arrival, then, we were told to do so at a machine…. Thereafter the receptionist asked us if we preferred coffee or tea in the room and she gave us to set of coffee to bring up in a plastic bag. I expect these kind of things to be available in the room when I arrive.
Our room was so small that we could not cross each other around the bed, on top of that, it had a rather unpleasant smell. We did not know where to put our two suitcases (a small one and a bigger one), they always seemed to get in the way. The bathroom on the other hand was quite large, but we could not use it for storage.
All in all, we were happy to leave the place after two nights.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank secret0123
matsumatsu2016, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for using our hotel this time.
I'm afraid,
We could not meet your expectations.
Method of Payment, Drink delivary.Room size.
And We are very sorry for unpleasant smel.
Thank you for your precious opinion.

Best Regards.
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama

Reviewed 1 January 2018

On a one day business from Tokyo to Matsuyama and always I regretted booking a Japanese business hotel. Consistently the room are extra cramped, windows tiny and never as clean as you you like.

But to my amazing surprise Daiwa Roynet Matsuyama was off the hook! The property is brand new and the most recommended hotel by locals (2 people in my office are from Ehime). There is a Japanese sushi restaurant on the 1st floor along with Salvatore Pizzeria (breakfast buffet served here). When I approached the front desk the kind lady immediately started speaking to me in English.. bilinguals yeah! Super smooth check-in then off to my room.

Walk into my room to be greeted to a super spacious bedroom and a nearly ceiling to floor window! Wow... it was almost like a perfect resort hotel room and you just want to hang out there. Bathroom big and most amazing was the biggest bathtub I have ever seen in a business hotel. Just perfection!

If I ever have to go back to Matsuyama I will 100% stay here!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
matsumatsu2016, Front desk at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear EbisuHapa,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking time to let us know.
We hope to see you again if you have an opportunity to come back to Matsuyama.

Kind Regards,

Miyuki Yokotani
Front desk

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Brand new hotel, very clean and the rooms are considered big for japanese standarts. The prices are fair and could be even higher for what you get. Great showers in the room and on my bed was very comfortable. Perfect location, right in the middle of the city, the castle is literally behind the house and there are plenty of food option in and around the hotel. A big shopping mall is 3 minutes away from the hotel.

If you considere going to Matsuyama this hotel is the perfect place to stay! I would go again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
matsumatsu2016, front staff at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are pleased that you praise us.
Please continue to use our hotel in the future.
Thank you so much for your e-mail.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I am a Hong Kong people, we have ten people and three cars arrive your hotel at 17 July 2017. Since your carpark was full, your staff Ms. Yokotani who was give me a nice and helpful attitude to us to solve the problem. Thank you for her help. I would like to Thanks again her assist.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This hotel felt as if it was completed the day before we arrived. It was very modern, clean and very well organised. Staff was friendly and helpful (even though there was some confusion over the parking of our motorcycles) and the rooms were big, clean, warm and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
matsumatsu2016, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for staying at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Matsuyama this time.
I am pleased that you relaxed at the hotel.
Please drop in when Matsuyama comes again.
Thank you for your post.