Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel
US$293
US$122
Trip.com
  • Free Internet
HOTEL MYSTAYS Matsuyama(Matsuyama)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$76
Ryokan
Funaya(Matsuyama)
Ryokan
Dogokan(Matsuyama)
Hotel Patio Dogo(Matsuyama)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallminute walktram stopreceptionistconveniencetempleluggagejapanenglishfloor
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for several days during a business trip. It's located on the busy shopping and commercial street in Matsuyama, opposite a large covered mall with lots of small interesting shops. My room was excellent- a little larger than a typical business hotel- with a comfortable bed, good desk for working, and an easily adjustable air conditioner. The bathroom was a good size also, with a variety of amenities.

The hotel was easy to reach, it's directly opposite Okaido tram stop, on the line that runs directly to both the railway station and Dogo Onsen. The trams are very convenient (and excellent value), because Matsuyama is a bit of a sprawl and quite spread out. It takes about 20 minutes on the tram to get to Dogo Onsen- which is a bit of a peculiar onsen- but extremely atmospheric and well worth a visit. The hotel reception is up an escalator from the street (on 2F).

The hotel breakfast was very good, with an enormous selection of different dishes including some more local specialities (various forms of anchovy, the local fish cake, and great orange juice, for which Ehime is famous). The breakfast choices were mainly Japanese-style, though I did notice (but didn't try) a small western-style selection. The staff at breakfast were helpful and efficient.

Overall, the hotel had a great combination of comfort and convenience (location, especially).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I booked a single room which was rather small but enough space for me to put my luggage on the floor. I laid it wide open beside the bed. The bed was double single I think, quite comfortable too. The bathroom has a tub and it was very clean.

Okaido shopping street is just right across the street. Post office is 2-minute walk away. Tram stop and bus stop are also extremely near.

The front desk receptionists are patient and could understand a fair amount of English. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They stored my luggage for me for half a day after I had checked out.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel is situated near the city center. The experience was very bad. Firstvof all, cleanliness. I found hai in my bed and toilet. There was an unplesant smell rom the toilet. The room was very small and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I went to this hotel because close to the castle and the center of the city. Good location for my pleasure touristic trip.
Service people are very kind and helpful.
Room was very clean and comfortable even not too big, But I understood that this is a standard in Japan.
Breakfast in the morning is also for western people.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
mtokyu, チーフ at Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Thank you very much I received available Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel.
We will strive to further improve services even in relation to breakfast.
We also ask that you please use the hotel next time.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Just across the O-kaido station (street car) and O-kaido shopping broad way where many shops & restaurants are. Department store and bus stop to the air port is also across the street. (A 30min ride by airport limousine bus)

Close to the Matsuyama Castle, and Saka no ue no kumo Museum is just behind the hotel

The room I stayed was single on the 9th floor (better view) , The room didn't look very new but clean. They provided air-cleaner, TV, fridge, free Wifi (which I didn't have any trouble in using. )The bathroom was also clean and roomy enough.

People at the Front Desk were kind enough to keep my luggage many hours before I checked in and after I checked out.

I didn't try the restaurant (beer restaurant) of this hotel since it didn't look very charming.

I think I would stay at this hotel again when I visit Matsuyama for this great location and cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
mtokyu, マネージャー at Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2016

Thank you very much I received available.
Compliments of your words to the front staff I am very pleased.
We also ask that you please use the Matsuyama Tokyu REI hotel next time.