All reviews breakfast plan hot plate mini fridge the hotel is clean kadena wifi japan okinawa
Reviewed 6 July 2017

A few staff members, especially those at the front desk, spoke English very well and were friendly and accommodating. The front desk had a Japanese/English map of the local area with points of interest highlighted. If you need a taxi, the staff will call one for you. We booked a triple room with breakfast included. For breakfast, we had a choice of either Western style or Japanese style and can alternate between the two every day. We chose the Japanese style breakfast almost every day and each meal was slightly different (i.e., different fish/protein and side dishes), but all were satisfying. The lunch/dinner menu had a variety of Japanese, Western, and Chinese dishes. A spoon and fork will be provided if asked. Our room had three single beds, a TV, air conditioning, mini-fridge, and a hot plate for tea. The TV had access to both Japanese and English speaking channels, though not many. If you don't want to use the self-serve laundry, laundry service is available for a fee. All we had to do was fill up the provided laundry bags, give them to the front desk and fill out a small paper with the type/quantity of clothes. By evening of the same day we had clean, ironed clothes. Unless you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob, a staff member will come by before noon every day to clean the bathroom, restock provided toiletries, replace towels, and arrange the bedding. The WiFi was fast and available in multiple areas (e.g., booked room, lobby, and restaurant). If you ever need to weigh your luggage, the staff will provide a weigh scale. The general atmosphere felt very calm and safety was never really a concern when walking around the local area. Be prepared for the almost constantly high humidity outside and the occasional rain/thunderstorm if planning to stay during May.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ZeroEclipse
Reviewed 7 November 2015

if you book through a travel agent or online, you get 50% cheaper than a regular price. This hotel has a renowned restaurant, very good location, and is a real treat in several aspects. the downside is the poor English speaking staff specially at reception, but that happens everywhere in Japan.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Paya N
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This is an older property, but VERY clean. My husband and I booked a “Twin Room, 2 Single Beds” which turned out to be two regular double beds. I don’t know about the other rooms but this one was very spacious. It had a microwave on a baker’s rack and a refrigerator. The staff spoke English which helped us navigate the public bus system. They were also very happy to call the taxis with base access and credit card capability. The hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Kadena Air Base. They have 3 washers and dryers for guest use which dispenses the detergent automatically.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathyTrochlell T
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Upfront, it is no five star hotel, but it doesn't matter, because the hotel out does many others in so many ways. The hotel is clean, safe, and most importantly in my opinion, the hotel personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about ALL the people. I really feel like I am staying in someone's home rather than a hotel. The rooms are small, but have everything I need. It is right outside the Kadena USAF Gate 2 and there are places in the area to eat, in addition to the hotel restaurant which makes good food. The WiFi is better than any CONUS hotel I have stayed at over the years. Now that I have found the Crown Hotel, I know exactly where I will stay during future visits.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

By no means is this hotel super plush - but it is clean - comfortable - and I felt very safe. Also the front staff was out of this world! They knew me by name by the 3rd day (I travel a lot and no one does that) and always had a smile. The neighborhood suited a travelers needs - shopping food and a fun little running route - Next time I come back I will be staying here again.

Hot plate is the microwave and coffee pot - I found it to be all I needed - the stores have coffee that is brewed individually on top of the cup (perfect) - I even used the hot plate to make veggies and rice at night

Mini fridge comes in the rooms - always a plus when traveling

Turn the AC on and the humidity disappears! Yea!

Internet worked great!

Room tip: Ask for what you want - the staff will help if they can.
Date of stay: April 2014