“An ideal tourist hotel to KokusaiDori”

Okinawa Miyako Hotel
Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Taxi ride of no more than 1000Yen to the popular main shopping street of Naha. Alight at Happy Naha building. The main traditional market is within 30 metres walk, with fresh fish caught to be chosen and cooked to your specified taatebud.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emersonlou9285

Reviewed 5 November 2016

We booked a 4-bed room. It was spacious enough for our suitcases and still had a mini living area complete with TV and dining table. Since we were 4 girls, it was good that the toilet was separate from the shower; otherwise we'd be queuing for the bathroom every morning and night! The beds and bathroom were clean.

The front desk staff were very helpful too. We arrived early, so we couldn't check in yet. Instead, we bothered the lady to help us book various workshops and snorkelling activities since we couldn't speak Japanese. The staff's English was limited, but enough for us to understand.

Unfortunately, our price did not come with breakfast. But that's ok, because we booked this place for a very low price, approx. USD 130 a night (4 pax). You also need to pay 800yen per night you park your car in their parking lot.

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the shopping/eating street, the Kokusai-Dori street; 5 mins from Shurijo Caste; and maybe 10 mins to the highway that connects you to all parts of the Okinawa main island.

Room Tip: It's on a hill top, so you should be able to look out and have a wide vision field whichever dir...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2016

The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. No cozy atmosphere or personal service as those you get when you stay in small places but this is a very big chain of hotels in Japan, very business oriented, so it's expected.

As for cost-benefit I'd say it's slightly over priced. Yet, you know you'll get comfortable beds, a clean and spacious bedroom and bathroom, and a good location. Miyako hotels nationwide would offer the same kind of environment.

Breakfast is included if you choose so, the food is fair, nothing exceptional.

I find that it used to offer better service, but maybe because nowadays it's just so full of tourists, it sometimes doesn't really match expectations. After a few experiences, I decided I prefer to either spend a bit more and stay somewhere nicer or pick a smaller, family run place that provides for a more cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2016

This was our second stay at the Miyako Hotel in Okinawa. Our first stay was in 2012 and we enjoyed staying here so we decided to book here again. My sister, Mother and I booked a triple room with the breakfast included. After traveling to Okinawa from the Chicago area we arrived at the hotel exhausted only to find out that while adding and subtracting hours I had us arriving at the hotel the next day. They were helpful enough to add on an extra day and breakfast. We were put in a tiny room with three beds all smashed together. Add in 6 full size suitcases and 3 carry-ons and we were packed in that room like sardines. It was fine for the night since we were grateful that they were able to put us up for an extra night. The next day my Mother asked about getting a different room and we were told that it was the room we paid for. Bless their hearts it was not 30 minutes later and the front desk guy was called us back down to the front desk and had us pick out another room. The best part was that they didn't even charge us anything extra and they moved all our luggage into our new room while we were out shopping. I think their customer service went far greater then what we hoped for. The room we ended up staying in was much bigger and very comfortable. My only complaint about the room was that it was so stinking hot. Even with the air as high it would go it just seemed really hot to me. It could be me, since we are used to the air in our house being pretty low all Summer. The bathrooms are stocked with shampoo, body wash, conditioner, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrush, so If you are traveling pretty far this is just some of the things you don't need to worry about packing. No laundry room so if you are staying a long time (we stayed almost 3 weeks) you might need to send your laundry out and have them do it. It was expensive at about 40-60 dollars (American money) each time I sent out some things. The best part was that they would bring it to my room before 6pm that night. There is a store downstairs which served our water and snacks needs. Try the Lemon cake popsicle from the freezer, it is delicious. The Women at the front desk were always helpful and kind, even though I was speaking only in English. The only real big issue I had was there was no swimming pool. Dead of SUMMER and there is no pool. Well I take back. There was a pool but it wasn't filled or in use (the same as when we stayed 2012). That might just be a deal breaker for me next time if we decide to come back during the Summer months. Just another thing was that when we were switching rooms and the maid came to clean the first room she found just a tiny piece of plastic that fell off one of our bags and she hand delivered it to us. We were all shocked and felt that they were very honest and helpful, never once did we feel uneasy about leaving anything in our rooms while we were out. One last thing that is coming to mind is that it is far walking distance from International Street. We did walk it once while out taking pictures but I would never willing walk down there to do any shopping. Bus stop is just a short walk from the hotel. Take bus 9 and for 230 yen it will take you to International street. Bust 9 will also bring you back. For the three of us it was just cheaper to take a taxi.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Miyako is very old hotel,, literally it is hardly seen as a hotel.
if you just want to sleep and take a shower,, well it is maybe considerable,,
but please be noted that no swimming pool, no convenience store, no small garden for walking, no gym ,, nothing there and around the hotel....
And, you must speak in Japanese otherwise they don't know what you want !

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family