1,480 results
All reviews special thanks circus team water sports beautiful beach flying trapeze scuba diving fun activities ping pong sports team nightly shows small kids morning walk baby food friendly gos great family vacation meal times direct flight
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Just got back from 3 days & 2 nights at Club Med Kabira Bay. We live in Okinawa and were expecting more of the same. However, Ishigaki is more tropical than the Okinawa mainland and has more of a rural setting like northern Okinawa which was a nice break from the daily grind in the suburbs. Club Med's grounds were immaculate...they sure have great groundskeepers!! They also rake the beach and take care of the hotel itself very well. Our room smelled a bit moldy (K253), but had a great ocean view...and you don't spend much time in your room anyway The staff are young, energetic and very outgoing and make an effort to know your name and say hello. We paid $1100 for an all inclusive package from Okinawa...a bit steep, but worth it considering all we did was eat & drink to our heart's content...and of course we enjoyed the beautiful beach and warm, aqua blue ocean :)...

Room tip: All have ocean views.
Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank B5094UZjamesb
Reviewed 22 September 2014

The team at Kabira has done a great job! Everyone did a fantastic job. I would like to share a little note of my appreciation for the team in Club Med Kabira.
The check-in process was very systematic and well organized. Chuck helped me with the check-in which was speedy. Some of the staff at the reception, such as Yumiko, Eriko, Risa and Miho had also tried to address me by my name during my stay which was a great effort!
The rooms were mediocre and nothing fantastic as I travel 50% of the time in a year. However, I must say it was really spick and span after knowing that it had been around for more than 20 years.
The meals were was great too. A few of the people I met such as Effendi, Hisunda and the restaurant manager, Dogan, who never failed to greet me and recommend me the best seats and the nice dishes for my meal.
Marco, Naomi, and the team did a great job for the nightly shows which helped the guests entertained and filled their nights with laughters.
Miho, the life guard, has been noticed as being very helpful and responsible. She did not only perform her duty as a life guard but also ensured the safety and comfort of the guests when plastics cups near the pool were blown away by the strong wind. Great attitude!!!
As night falls, there was nothing else to do besides hitting the sack or the bar. The bar team had been accommodating too and tried to spend some time with the guests even after the bar was closed. Special thanks go out to Roy, Tiodor, Il Haan, Ai, Chloe and Yasuha. That was also the time when most GOs turned up to mingle with the guests one of whom was Jin who worked in the back office. She was kind enough to share with me the Japanese culture.
What surprise me was that the GOs meant what they said (unlike many people)!!! Miho, the PR personnel of the resort, excused herself to rehearse for the nightly show and promised to return to have a drink with me since it was my last night in the club. Unfortunately I had to leave the bar. She came back to look for me and that made me felt guilty.
Nevertheless, Miho turned up for my departure to remind me of her return to the bar the night before. Yumiko was also at my departure even though it was her off day. I guess their motto is - if you touch base with a guest, it is best to send them off if you can.
Last but not least, Ghazzo, the chef de village, had been very hospitable and made everyone comfortable in the village. I cannot believe his passion for his work day in, day out. I would have been exhausted and my face would be wrinkled with all the smiles I have to put up all day. This gentleman deserves a pat on his back.
Much appreciate the memorable and relaxing time I spent in Kabira.
Great job Ghazzo and team. Keep it up!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Erik Y
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family like Club Med vacation and this is our third time to Club Med Kabira. Each time we found facility renovation and surprise. Our children were particularly excited about going to mini club and junior club. While our boys were having fun interacting with peers from different cultures, my wife and I had some quality time strolling along the beach.
G.O.s in Club Med are the most attraction aspect. This time we encountered several of the nicest G.O.s. We appreciate Indonesian G.O. Melva and Taiwanese G.O. Cha Cha, for their assistance in consultation to the local medical care; Thai G.O. Otto for his supervision in mini club; Egyptian G.O. Superman Mizo, he made our mountain biking a pleasant nature excursion; Turkish G.O. Dogan always greeted us at the restaurant with sense of humor, which seemed to stimulate our appetite in some way. The hotel manager Ghazzo (Singaporean G.O.) is a cool man with subtle mind. He valued customers’ comments and treated us like lifetime friends.
The food, perhaps not over-the top luxurious, is quite desirable. Either lunch or dinner is organized around a food theme, such as Okinawa, Italian, Oriental, or Seafood Buffet, along with chef’s special dishes served. There is also a specific dress code (you may choose to follow or not) for each night, when most accordingly dress up in white, black, blue or flower pattern, fairly like a fashion show staged at a restaurant. Another feature is the “sharing table” that offers an option whether to dine with other guests or G.O.s. We like it much for the chance to chat with people from various places.
Another worthy mentioning is the room cleaning service. The day before we checked out, we thought no cleaning was necessary so we hung up the “Do not disturb” sign. The room service team were dutiful that they rang to double-check if we simply forgot to pull the sign off or exactly no cleaning service was required. Little act like this shows the team’s concern for guests.
We surely recommend Club Med Kabira-- a perfect vacation destination for relaxation, entertainment, diverse cuisine and water sports.

Room tip: Connecting-rooms are great choices for family travelers!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Funnylance
Reviewed 30 July 2014

From the moment you set foot in this resort, you realize you are in paradise! gorgeous turquoise waters, white sand beach, beautiful landscaping and a whole G.O. team waiting to welcome you and assist you. Nicola and the whole team (Natacha, Ghazzo, Omar, Ilham, Masumi, Lori, Dogan, Tisna and so many others) will make sure you have a great experience.
The food at the buffet was great, the room was beautiful and well appointed. We saw four huge mantas during our first dive. The shows at night are well choreographed and fun to watch. We highly recommend this place to others.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank HappyDog2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife had our 19th Anniversary here and Club med didn't fail to impress. From the activities to the staff my wife and I had a great trip for three nights! Relaxing and fun... if you are out on the water looking for something new to do ask for Omar. He was awesome... just no other words to describe how he took the time to show me how to windsurf!

Date of stay: July 2014