“Delicious meal”

Dioniso
Ranked #146 of 875 Restaurants in Ishigaki
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Very pleasant time with our Italian host. Small eatery on the second floor. Chicken with lemon and wine was delicious as was the penne arrabiata. Also ordered the bruschetta, which was 4 very small pieces of bread with different toppings. While tasty, I thought the serving size was too small for the price. Probably wouldn't order that again. $3 glasses of house wine during 5-7pm happy hour.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

The owner and chef of this place is from Rome - he definitely knows how to cook great Italian food. His food is simple, and delicious and reminds me of relaxing, authentic home cooked food. My husband and I ordered the bruschetta, Gorgonzola gnocchi, and special pasta of the day. We finished our meal off with some tiramisu. All of our dishes were fantastic and I would definitely come back for more if we lived in Ishigaki.

The owner is wonderful. My husband and I chatted with him about life and all sorts of things for a good hour after we were done eating. He even gave us cooking tips for making homemade gnocchi and sausage back home - which we greatly appreciated! LOVE this place and would definitely recommend :)

1  Thank blondebond26
Reviewed 27 December 2015

I had drinks and meal with my wife at late evening and we were seated at a counter table. The chef was an Italian from Rome and his Japanese wife was working here with him. He could speak some Japanese and fluent English and I was chatting with him in both languages.
I had clams with white wine sauce and this was tasty.
In general, I enjoyed the drinks, meal and chats in the restaurant, and here is recommendable to visit.

1  Thank YacchanAmarone
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We went here because we wanted something a bit different from okinawan food. The host was very friendly and made us feel welcome quickly. The atmosphere inside was great, with pleasant decor adding to the already warm atmosphere created by the host. It almost felt like we were at friends house for dinner.

The food was great. Probably the best Italian food i've had in Japan. When we looked at the bill at the end we were really surprised by how cheap it was!!
Although i didn't get a chance to come to try all the alcohol they had, i definitely would have liked to come back and try a few more glasses of red wine!

All in all a fantastic experience would thoroughly recommend .

1  Thank samuraistick
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The wonderful italian host made us the most delicious courses and said it was "just what my mother used to make me back home"... We came on a Saturday, then went back on Monday for the live music. What a great atmosphere!!! We felt like they were our new friends :)

1  Thank anne j