1,199 results
All reviews coral wing outdoor pool corner room a high end hotel ocean view swimming area teppanyaki restaurant wedding chapel booking restaurants chief concierge big bathroom kids club ishigaki beef hot bath fantastic beach bigger room beach chairs and umbrellas
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Check in was very smooth as I was greeted at the door and brought straight to the IHG desk. The check in lady spoke good English and was very helpful. I got an upgrade too. The room was pretty nice; spacious and with a good view. I didn't like the fake plastic marble in the bathroom though.
The beach area was fine, although lacked any character. I was very disappointed that the large inviting pool was a uniform 1m deep. It was way too shallow. I understand this is a family hotel, but there's nothing stopping them for having an adult section where you are more than waist deep!
The Japanese style bath was nice, but shame there is only one bath. I didn't eat at the hotel as it all seemed overpriced even with my 20% voucher.
There needs to be a bit more maintenence done, mainly outside, to keep the place looking ok. The river was full of leaves, paint cracking.
Whilst I've pointed out a lot of negatives, I still had a good stay.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
ANAインターコンチネンタル石垣, 支配人 at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear. A389fan
Thank you for your comments about the condition of our facilities.
We are constantly trying to keep up with maintenance but obviously,
not enough is being done. This is one area we will have to put more
emphasis on.
We sincerely hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back
to the ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort.

Best regards,
General Manager, Tsukasa Yanagishima

Reviewed 25 August 2015

It's a good hotel, with a good beach and a good garden with a swimming pool. A little bit dated and deserves a renewal.
Jean is great and so kind. He took care of us and helped us to take a plane to escape from a Typhoon.
The other people of staff don't speak english and it makes hard everything you could need.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ANAインターコンチネンタル石垣, 支配人 at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear, anonimo84_11

Thank you so much for spending time to write down your impressions about
your stay with us.
I am sorry that your stay with us was accompanied with the arrival or a typhoon.
I hope that the days you were here prior to the typhoon will become fun
memories of your trip to Ishigaki.
And Jean is happy to see that you made it back safely to Italy.
Best Regards,

General Manager. Tsukasa Yanagishima

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The setting: You are a 20-30 minute drive from the airport and parking at the hotel is free. A rental car is a must to explore the island, its beaches and restaurants. The lobby is spacious and airy, and check in is easy and quick. If you are not a Japanese speaker, head straight for guest services to find English speaking staff for an easier check in and to get the lay of the land. The guest services manager, Jean, and his team do an excellent job. The lobby leads to three restaurants below it. The grounds of the hotel are well cared for although the vegetation is a bit dried out. There is a large pool and a beautiful chapel popular with couples getting married. We saw many newlyweds here in early July. The beach is a five minute walk and open to the public. However, if you are a hotel guest, you have access to beach chair (chaise-lounges cost an extra $5, so grab two chairs and stretch your legs out on one of them, as you sit on the other. Umbrellas are free for hotel guests as well, but the beach staff is lazy and often refuses to set up umbrellas claiming windy conditions. Do not accept this load of crap, insist on umbrellas, do not fry under the sun. I called for a manager, and, suddenly, the lazy beach staff set up umbrellas for everyone on the beach. I shouldn’t have had to push and get angry to get this basic service. The beach is not beautiful but is spacious and the water is warm and calm. There is a large section of inflatable structures for kids to play on. This is the only beach on the island with facilities. The hotel even has a beach bar/café for a quick but pricy lunch.
The room: Ours were upgraded rooms, on the middle floors, the cheaper rooms are on the lower floors. If you are an IHG rewards club members, it will be easier to get a complimentary upgrade, o sign up. Our rooms came with two double beds. Apparently, very few rooms at the property come with king-size beds. This is due to the fact that this is very much a family resort and families often need multiple beds. All rooms at the resort face the beautiful sea, although the view are better the higher up you are. The rooms came with TVs that had news channels in English, in case you want to stay current while on holiday. The bathrooms are spacious and the finishes are nice. Water pressure is excellent in the shower. The toiletries are plenty. There is complimentary water, tea and coffee in the room.
The food: The breakfast buffet is pricy, at $25/person, and is not that good of a value. The offerings are mainly Japanese and are the same on a daily basis. Food quality is only mediocre. Even though breakfast was not included in our rate, the hotel failed to charge us for breakfast, which we happily discovered upon checkout. We ate at the resort once for lunch and dinner, the night of our arrival, as we were too tired to head out and explore. Lunch was decent, but way too expensive, $15USD for a mini-burger without fries. We opted for the buffet at dinner time, at $45/person, and honestly, most of it was inedible. We are huge fans of Japanese cuisine, and have been to Japan multiple times, and visited the country from north to south; we have never had such bad food in Japan as in this hotel. Don’t despair as incredible food exists outside the hotel. Ask the concierge to point you towards great steakhouses, as Ishigaki beef is world renowned, or head to an Okinawan style restaurant.
All in all, this hotel is the best option on Ishigaki in terms of room quality and beach quality and access. Stay here if you get a good rate or redeem your points, just don’t eat here. Lastly, the English speaking guest services team tried hard to rectify the beach umbrella fiasco and the bad hotel food. The guest services manager personally came to apologize and called ahead to the restaurant we were heading to for dinner and prepaid for an order of Ishigaki beef sushi and steak for each of us. We found this an endearing surprise and we understand that Jean must be invaluable to the operation of this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Edward R
ANAインターコンチネンタル石垣, 支配人 at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear, Brooklynite_Abroad
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review
of your stay with us.
I would like to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced
during your staywith us.

I sincerely hope we will get the chance to welcome you again to enjoy and
notice the improvements we make based on comments such as yours.

Jean and his team send you their best regards.

Kind regards,
General Manager, Tsukasa Yanagishima

Reviewed 17 July 2015

We only got to stay two nights because of the typhoon. Staff is accommodating but speak very little to no English. When we asked for information regarding the typhoon they where not helpful unfortunately. The hotel looks a bit dated and lacks the level of staff and the extra touches that one would expect for a hotel in this price class.

Room was very nice with a great view. The beach was nice but I was disappointed by the level of cleanliness. A little effort would have gone a long way here. Also the beach bar was not very good.

As mentioned by others the pool is only good for children.

Breakfast and food in the restaurants was better than expected so that is a plus. Also more affordable than I'd expect in this kind of hotel.

Room tip: It seems to me that all rooms face the ocean so view should be good. Getting a room in the higher floor should be good though.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Håkon S
ANAインターコンチネンタル石垣, 支配人 at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Dear Hakon S
Thank you for having taken the time to write down your comments
about our hotel and other facilities.  I'm sorry that your stay had
to be shortened due to the typhoon.
We are continuously striving to improve the quality of services we offer our Guests
and comments like your are always welcome.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Ishigaki, this time
without a typhoon.
General Manager, Yanagishima Tsukasa

Reviewed 15 July 2015

This is probably the hotel with one of the most spacious rooms I have stayed.The room we stayed faces the ocean and this is the one thing I wish I could wake up to, every single morning. The hotel is beautiful and the beach is lovely.

The staffs there are also very professional and helpful.

All in all, this hotel makes my trip in Ishigaki much more memorable and this is the one place I wish to return again!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ANAインターコンチネンタル石垣, 支配人 at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2015

Dear. Beeeeecky_L sama
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the ANA InterContinental Ishigaki Resort.
It is a great post that we truly enjoyed reading.We sincerely hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back to the ANA InterContinental Ishigaki Resort.
Best regards,