“A good place for a short trip”

Heiwadai Hotel Arato
Ranked #156 of 191 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 7 September 2017

his was my second time stayingat this hotel. It is close to the subway and easy to find. There are restaurants, convenience stores, and a big park close by. Originally was given a smoking room(my fault not their's). I asked if I could change and they let me without any problem. The breakfast is also pretty good. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 January 2017

This hotel is close to the subway and about a 10 minute walk from the Fukuoka Castle ruins. There are a few restaurants close by. The building is run down, the staff is not very nice (especially the overnight crew, quite rude), and their breakfast is not very foreigner friendly. This hotel still allows smoking in the rooms which makes it a nasty place to stay. I had to launder everything after my stay there. Very dirty hotel also.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank PedroJapan
Reviewed 2 November 2016

(Included some photos)

Wifi only available on 2nd floor only. Rooms from 3rd to 8th has no wifi. Something they didn't mention during booking description. I can't do any work without internet.

They have huge heater but very weak air coming out even you turn it to the highest temperature level.

No hairdryer. No bed. They provide thin mattress for you to sleep on the floor.

This place is surprisingly quiet enough. The place looks old but all the towels and sheets are super super super clean during my stay. I had a good night sleep because the room was really quiet. I stayed at room 806 on the 8th floor.

The breakfast is a joke! Bad quality food. (Photos included) But i get what i pay for.
There's 7-eleven about less than 100m away.

Room Tip: If you want internet wifi, choose to stay only at 2nd floor. No wifi from 3rd to 8th floor! I staye...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2015

While I was opening a door to enter room after check-in, I saw a medium size cockroach in the middle of room. I put my bag on the floor then it was gone. So I tried to not care about it. I'm not fear bugs but it should not be in my room.

I went to Japan for several times but I've never seen any cockroach even in restaurant. But it was in my room!! OMG
And the next day when I entered room,I met it again. (I hope it was the same one)

Room's condition is very old. Furniture are old style and not good conditions.
Air condition seems 20 years ago version. So it can make only heat. I was there in April,the weather was warm little so I just open window.
Bathroom is small and has black mole.

I was disappoint little because in this trip I booked 3 business hotel in 3 different cities. This hotel is the most expensive one.

Now I will tell about good things. Hotel's location is very near subway just 5 minutes walk. Surrounding is local's area, it's calm place. There has 2-3 convenient stores and some restaurants.

Breakfast is delicious ,it's Japanese simple styles. (7-9 am.)
Bed sheet and blanket was clean. Room size is wide for city hotel.
Staffs were friendly.

I didn't use hotel's wifi but I read other's reviews,they said it has only at lobby.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2015

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Ohorikoen station, the staffs were very friendly. Breakfast was great, very delicious. Free wifi in the lobby and free parking. Room has everything we needed and staff can keep your luggage after check-out time. There was a gap on the door and you can hear noise outside the room (in the hallway and sometimes next door)

Room Tip: Top floor and far from elevator
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends