“good location typical Nikko standard”

Hotel Nikko Fukuoka
Ranked #3 of 193 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Nikko hotels are very reliable, quality options throughout Asia. Central location, fast internet as everywhere in Japan.Near main station.Staff excellent as ever in Japan.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nathanwaks
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 26 August 2011

The hotel is near the station for high speed train to Osaka etc.
It is in the business district. Not far from expressway but no noise issue.
Concierge staff and portering very helpful.
Rooms nothing special but everything necessary is there.
Would return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I booked this hotel because of the proximity to Hakata station. Reception was friendly and professional and allowed me to check in 1 hour before the stipulated 2 pm check-in time which I appreciated. A rather small, unremarkable single room without a view to speak of, but the bed was comfortable and I slept well. Plenty of food and transport opportunities in Hakata station.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Wellingtonian
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed here three nights while on business in Fukuoka. I was very satisfied with the room and the hotel. My room was clean and well maintained and had a large king bed. There was one issue I had with the room - I could not get western style pillows without feathers. They finally brought me some sort of Japanese bean pillow without feathers but I still had allergy problems with those pillows (they also smelled funny) and I was not used to them. Other than that I was able to get the duvet replaced with a blanket and sheet although I had to explain with pantomime what I wanted because the bell woman did not understand.

I had breakfast and dinner at the Serena restaurant they had a buffet that was nice for a westerner. I had a good rate under $200/night arranged through the internet by a Japanese colleague in Japan. This hotel is very convenient to the train station at Hakata and to the subway.

The airconditioning and internet both worked very well in my room and I had a nice nonsmoking room on the top floor.

Overall I was quite happy with the hotel although I would bring my own pillow the next time.

Room Tip: bring your own pillow if you do not like feathers
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mybusinesstraveller2
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I have stayed here a few times over the years and always enjoy the quiet efficiency of the hotel and it's good location near the main railway station. There are many good quality restaurants and bars nearby so I have never eaten in the hotel apart from a very reasonable breakfast buffet.

The rooms are on the small side for a westerner but contain everything you would expect and were very clean. A little bit of corridor noise but reall no problem.

I will be staying here again soon and recommend for 2 to 3 days business trip to Fukuoka area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business