“Very average hotel”

Hotel Route-Inn Hakata Ekiminami
Ranked #160 of 190 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Good point for this hotel was I booked it with a very reasonable price via online. Location was not very good...not closed to JR station. The hotel seem little bit tired and need an upgrade or renovation. Room was small and only fit to one person.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I stayed in this hotel with a colleague for four days from 25th to 29th June 2016. The hotel is very neat and rooms are well maintained. I am very much impressed with the hotel staff. They are very polite and helpful, especially front Desk staff. Breakfast service is good. Without any reservation, I strongly recommend this hotel for who are looking for economy but good stay in Fukuoka, Japan

Room Tip: best facilities
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night. The best part of the hotel was the location . Since I only needed a place for one night I figured it would be fine. Maybe it was a slight notch below "Fine".

First issue: we arrived about 2:40 for check in at 3:00. We were somewhat tired and hungry but we had to wait until 3 to check in. It wasn't that the room wasn't ready, it was but it's their policy. They want to charge you to check in early or to check out late. Never had that issue in any hotel. They really want to nickel and dime you for anything "extra".

Issue two: the room. Very small but ok it's Japan and I sort of expected that. After sleeping on the floor for a week I was hoping for a bed. These beds are like rocks. And you get one lousy pillow that is also like a rock. Luckily I had a down travel pillow with me.

Issue three: I could swear I saw breakfast served until ten but when we got there we were told it ends at 9:00 am so unfortunately we missed it. When we checked in there was a coffee machine with complimentary coffee but in the morning when I went to get some (because we obviously missed breakfast) I was told the machine was broken. For crying out loud get me a cup of coffee !

Issue four : this isn't a huge issue really but the restaurant that served only dinner didn't have a menu written in English. I guess you can't have everything.

In truth I would give this 2 1/2 stars.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2015

Over all I strongly not recommend this hotel, unless you have some special reason.

It is not close to JR station and they give me smoking room even what I booked is non-smoking room. Room size is smaller than standard Japan economy hotel. And internet connect is slow, only good enough to check email or look around web, can not count on skype or anything like this. Breakfast is the only thing could be called above normal.

Avoid this place, there are plenty of choices at Fukuoka.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking floor
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This place was cheap as far as cost. I ended up putting my clothes in the pillow case and sleeping on them after the second night. The beds were like cement. The breakfast was pretty good. Be sure you're on time or you will go hungry. Over all nice place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business