Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
All reviews sauna baths onsen station dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

This hotel is a big hotel and is suited for those who want to stay in an onsen hotel. It’s near the station. The onsen room is very big. The negative points of this hotel is the light smoke smell and the lines for the buffet. This is my second time staying here and it has improved. The staff are friendlier now. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 3 is that the value is very good for the price.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank V9717TLrobins
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

A very big traditional Japanese hotel . Rooms big with Houton beds , sleeping on the Matami floor.
Low table and chairs . Very nice mountains view from the room . Very big Honsen , the traditional hot springs divided to men’s and women’s . Excellent Japanese dinner with Sashimi and self cooked meat and rice . Breakfast was noisy and crowded .

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2017

鬼怒川三日月is one of the best hotels we have stayed during our trip to the middle section of Japan.
Beds and table were set on top of nice and clean Tatami. It’s a nice mixture. Inconvenient in that there’s no free wi-fi.
Hotel internet: no free in room wi-fi.
Hotel dinner: Buffet style. Huge dining hall. Foods/dishes were verdant and ample. one of the best.
Hotel breakfast: Plentiful.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2016

My first impression - very expensive, but when I got to see the place, tried their onsen and the buffet all I can say is wow ...it is an experience to be remembered especially for a foreigner like me.

I stayed here for 1 night together with my wife and mother-in-law. The room has 2 double-size (or is it single-size) beds and plenty of futons. Since requested my wife that I wanted to experience a ryokan style I opt for the futon over the tatami. I had 1 nicest sleep ever, maybe also due to the onsen bath I took before sleeping.

Dinner was buffet and I had my cravings for seafoods (esp. crab) satisfied. most food are good and nicely presented although few choices of free drinks. Breakfast is also nice. Choices ranged from japanese, chinese to western and there are more choices for the free drinks.

If you are staying then you have to change into traditional japanese clothings which the hotel provided. No wifi internet in the room but there is in the lobby.

Amenities includes onsen, swimming pool and table tennis but there is a time so inquire at the front desk if you want to play. The onsen is not mixed bath and they interchange the use at night and in the morning. Both onsens have outdoor onsen but one of them has this golden bathtub...yes real gold. So what's the benefit, trully I don't know but you got to get the bragging rights that you got to soak in the golden bathtub hehehe

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Darktauren
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Overnight in a suite. Lovely traditional style Japanese room- spotlessly clean~with private onsen bath. Good location. Not far from train station. Reception helpful. Which made up for some (not all) of the Restaraunt staff- glum faces- unresponsive- dinner- Japanese food looked good- western style less so- nothing special. (Don't mean to be unkind) it really was! Most food that's meant to be hot, was warm or either cold- breakfast western style, sadly like most Japanese hotels- most hot food was warm to cold- I mean cold scrambled egg?! Paid a small fortune too! Oh well- good onsen- overall had a great time. Won't be in a rush to go back.

Date of stay: April 2016