All reviews free coffee sakuragicho station within walking distance minute walk trendy hotel whiskey bar luggage rack close to the hotel front counter double room minato mirai family mart washing machine days stay short stay easy walk small table
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in Hotel Edit in Autumn of 2015. I found the hotel staff really nice and I especially loved the overflowing coffee 24/7 at their lobby! So when we had the Soroptimist International Convention this Summer (July 2018) in Yokohama, I didn't hesistate to book at Hotel Edit Yokohama. It provides convenience for me (and us), as it is walking distance away from train stations, convenience store, tourist spots and shopping malls! More so, their new lemon water provision which keeps guests hydrated all the time (summer is sooooo hot!)is phenomenal!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Stayed at Hotel Edit for 7 nights, enjoyed a very quiet, calm and restful visit. Staff were genuinely warm, welcoming, helpful and attentive, and speak good English. They also helped us ship our luggage to our Kyoto hotel, when we realized that the Shinkansen doesn't have dedicated luggage space on board (would totally recommend this inexpensive option, we used Yamato transport). Breakfast costs $10-12, and is great value for money: an absolutely delicious buffet with lots of healthy options, and it filled us up until mid-afternoon so we could power through lunchtime sightseeing/traveling. The hotel pajama robes were so comfy we wish that we could have bought some to take back with us.The hotel's complimentary lobby coffee machine was a godsend - thank you Hotel Edit! The lobby area is very comfortable and stylish with several places to settle in to read, work, or just hang out. Laundry facilities worked well, were reasonably priced, and allowed us to pack light and stay fresh despite the heatwave. Room was clean, stylish and comfortable. The shower/deep bath in our room was wonderful to relax in. The location is great - about 20 minutes walk to the big Yokohama Pacifico convention centre, 5 minutes walk to Sakuragicho station (JR, and subway), 15 minutes walk to the mall complexes in/near Minato Mirai, etc etc. Easy to find inexpensive, tasty take-out meals in Sakuragicho station mall, and other nearby malls, if you don't feel like eating in a restaurant or just want to snack. Would absolutely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid-April. Unfortunately paid too much ($350 USD) per night for a double room. The double room is very small and could barely contain 2 pieces of luggage. The room was modern and clean, and the staff kind and gracious. The location was good, near the metro. We had a room facing the train track so it was noisy. The restaurants nearby were OK. Family Mart close by. The breakfast buffet was OK. Would not stay here again due to the small size of the room. Also I will let you know that we did laundry, and it took FOUR hours to dry one load.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I stayed for 3 nights while visiting Yokohama and Tokyo. The location is excellent, a short walk away from Sakuragicho station and around 10 minutes from Minato Mirai. I paid around £55 GBP per night. As expected, the room was small but I still felt there was enough space that I didn't feel claustrophobic. The bed was comfortable and room was kept clean. There is a coin laundry which is helpful for long trips to avoid expensive hotel laundry charges. I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but there are plenty of options nearby. The reception staff were pleasant but they do make it clear that they cannot provide a concierge service to help book restaurants/travel (which I think it quite reasonable given that this is a budget hotel). One issues I had was poor noise insulation with the frequent trains running past. I didn't fully get used to this during my stay so it did disturb my sleep a little. I had a room facing the river but if you are worried about noise, it might be worth asking for a room on the other side of the hotel (which hopefully should have less train noise).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Stayed 3 nites at Hotel Edit (09-12Apr2018). Had a good experience staying there & would stay there again. It is a Japanese business hotel.

Good :
1. location is excellent - 5mins walk to JR Sakuragicho & 8mins to Shopping area
2. Lawson convinence shop downstairs at adjacent block and small eateries in the small alleys near hotel
3. Washing machine (200yen), dryer (100yen), vending machines, microwave ovens available at each floor
4. Room size is decent. I consider the toilet to be bigger relative to other business hotels such as Toyoko Inn
5. The reception staff speak good English & check in was quick & fuss free.

Improvements :
Not much to complain about. If i really need to pick on something... Room looks a bit worn out

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family