“Top sushi in the Hakone area”
Review of Yamahiko Sushi

Yamahiko Sushi
Ranked #52 of 470 Restaurants in Hakone-machi
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

When you have the best sushi in days and you have it in the middle of the green mountains of Hakone. Small, neat, gentle corner with a nice family running the business. If you do not speak Japanese point your finger to the fish you like or just chose one of the options on the short english menu, you can’t go wrong. Simply lovely!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

ランチはお得なので、混雑、行列を覚悟しなくてはなりませんので一度で懲りました。
毎回、夜の開店時間ぴったりに予約を取ってから伺っています。
魚屋直営の寿司屋なので、間違いなく満足できます。
My husband and I went to night hours, because day time is crowded.
You must be go to night hours.
This sushi restaurant is a fish store managed.
It is tasty and fresh fish sushi.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

It's quite a small restaurant, only 14 seats. But it offers tremendous good sushi and a couple of things more. It was probably the best Sushi I had so far (and I love Sushi)! The Nodoguro Fish (Black Throat) is just incredible tasty!
The people are very friendly, they don't speak english but I'm sure one of the Japanese guest will help you out (so happened to us).
But be aware this place is quite pricey. That's obvious, it's in the mountains where other dishes are common.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Very fresh local catch from Odawara, nearby seaport. Must book way in advance for the weekends. Small but intimate with only two tables plus sushi bar.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The sushi here was great, my girlfriend and I both chose the omakase of 10 pieces, along with the recommended sake. Every bite was phenomenal. We ended up ordering an additional six piece tuna assortment of sushi because we were so happy about our experience. It was very touching, during our meal my girlfriend and I were each offered a glass of wine to share from a local family that was dining in the restaurant at the same time as us.

The meal came with a delicious miso soup and a green tea, all for a very reasonable price both for Japanese and international standards. At the end we were asked if we needed a taxi ride home making the whole dinner a smooth experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Hakone!