See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2016

It wasn’t our intention to stay here. Because of winds and refuelling, our aircraft was 9 hours late getting into Narita. All the nearby hotels were full. The Air Canada rep gave us money and sent six of us off in a van almost an hour to Chiba prefecture. By the time we arrived at 3 a.m., any hotel looked pretty good.

This hotel seems to be in a business area, and is right at the train station. Nearby are both an all-night convenience store and a small grocery store.

Toyoko Inns follow a set business hotel format. Some rooms are very small - if two people with luggage, choose a large twin or double. The rooms have everything you really need. - a pants press, a wakeup alarm, firm beds, a clean bathroom. The standard clocks in every Toyoko are really good, can be seen throughout the room. The air conditioning is effective, as is the WiFi. There is a particularly good light and mirror for shaving. Space for hanging clothes is very limited.

Breakfast is a buffet in a cheery seating area off the lobby. Like other Toyoko Inns, choice is limited, but the quality is good. The miso shiru was notably good, as were the onogiri. Coffee in tiny paper cups was less so.

Very cheerful servers greeted and helped us.

Room Tip: Choose a large room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here as a base for Summer Sonic rock festival at Makuhari. The Hotel is so much more accessible than city hotels we used for previous years. You are back to your room in 30 min instead of 75 min and without the city bound crowds. Breakfast is good plus if you need other choices there is a supermarket close by and a string of restaurants just down the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fong-Gha
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have stayed here before, and will stay again!
After re-locating from Koto (Tokyo) to Chiba I stayed in familiar territory. Toyoko Inns! The staff here are always friendly, and helpful. Breakfast is included in the price of the rooms, and is more than adequate. Miso soup, salad, onigiri, tea/coffee/juice etc. Perhaps the space in the lobby is a little cramped for breakfast as there is only a small seating bar and 3 or 4 tables, but this is not a problem if your timing is good.
The rooms are quite large for Japanese rooms, and the beds high enough that you can store luggage underneath. Wi-fi works well in all areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Went there as walk in costumer with my partner and asked for a double bed room ..the lady in the counter refused to give us double room saying we shouldnt be both in double bed as we are both women and insist us to get a twin bed room.. I find it as discriminating and insulting to me and my longtime partner so we walked out..not a very nice experience and unforgettable too..

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank duffyduck33852
Reviewed 10 November 2008

We went there for a disney visiting trip with 2 family including 2 kids of each family. In the hotel web site, they mentioned 2 shogakko (elementary school) kids are allowed without extra charge, if someone book a double deluxe room. We booked it happily. But after reaching to the hotel we found only 2 pillow, though we are 4 member (including 2 kids) for each family. And the most unfortunate behavior ever I found in my 5 years in Japan from the front desk lady. She just disagree to give us more 2 pillows, and finally we passed that night with 2 pillow shortage for 4 member (including 2 kids). Its a terrible behabior for me and my friend family. God bless those nice Japanese woman.

Stayed: November 2008