All reviews corner room convenience store jr station japanese standards korakuen garden lovely hotel post office staff were really friendly restaurants and bars good size spacious room loved this hotel price range buffet breakfast laundry rooms lovely canal lots of nice touches
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Koraku Hotel was one of the best hotels I've encountered while in Japan. It was chic, well-located, full of amenities, comfortable and best of all budget friendly. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay for one night but made use of the full-body massage chair in my room - such an unexpected and delightful amenity.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a massage chair! Totally worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Had a one-night stop in Okayama after a half-day to see the castle and garden. Booked the Okayama Koraku Hotel based on the reviews here and am very glad I did. The location is great, and the room and bathroom are much larger than other hotels in this price range. I didn't have the breakfast, maybe I should have.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Many restaurants and bars in the area, you will be spoilt for choice. The walk from JR Okayama station may be a bit far if you have difficulty walking. And very comfortable in this summer heat. Otherwise overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Okayama Koraku Hotel is located very centrally and the staff are incredibly helpful. When you check in they provide you with a great map full of sights to see and recommended restaurants, which I found very helpful for my short stay in Okayama.

The room was immaculate and the mattress was quite comfortable. My room was also small, but had everything I needed as a solo traveler. I'd highly recommend for solo travelers.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
kooraku_okayama, マネージャー at Okayama Koraku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Ms. Laura O
Thank you for having posted your review on TripAdvisor.
It is our pleasure you liked our location and our original map that shows places recommended for hotel guests.
We will be very happy to welcome you back again in the near future.
Thank you for having stayed with us this time.
Kind regards,
Nasa

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Very well located in this marvelous town. Close to train station, close to the garden. They give you a bike to use. Personell super friendly and good with english. They even give you a hand drawn map of the immediate vicinity as a dining guide. It felt so good to be here. Thanks to all.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
kooraku_okayama, マネージャー at Okayama Koraku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Paul K
Thank you for your great review!
We are happy to read you had a wonderful time in Okayama.
How nice it sounds, "so good to be here."!
We appreciate your last visit, and we do hope to serve you again anytime you may come back to Okayama.
Thank you once again.