“come here to feel gold in your skin!!”
Review of Kanazawa Yasue Gold Leaf Museum - CLOSED

Kanazawa Yasue Gold Leaf Museum
Reviewed 21 December 2014

The production of gold leaf started in Kanazawa at the end of the 16th century. The Maeda family who ruled the Kaga Clan. and 98% of Japanese gold leaf is produced in Kanazawa.... A gold leaf is made by beating gold into an extremely thin sheet with a thickness of 0.1 to 0.1000 millions of a meter. It's so thin that it will disappear when we rub it with our finger....and I tried when I visited there...because gold leaf very famous and multifunction, so it can be used for cosmetics too such as : lotion, soap, powder etc...I bought the soap and the lotion, I believe gold wanna make my skin more bright the same as with diamond he...he... btw. UNESCO on June 2009 launched Kanazawa as city of crafts and folk art too....if you wanna feel how's the gold in your skin...come there!!