See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Resol is an average hotel nothing really special, like all hotels in Japan is clean, however the fact that people can smoke in certain rooms, you risk to be near somebody is smoking and the smoke will go through the vents. When we came back from dinner the room was smelling like somebody was smoking in the room, unfortunately the staff doesn't really speak any english so it was hard to complain, and we didn't really want to change rooms at that time.

When we made the reservation we sent 3 email with certain requests and nobody got back to us to confirm and at the time of the check in we had to repeat all the requests once again because they did not took them in consideration when assigned the original room.

Another detail to be aware is that they have check out time at 10:00am. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world, small and large hotels and I have never seeing this check out time, it is just simply ridiculous that you have to check out at 10 am from a hotel, again when we try to complain they didn't speak any english and they were not interested in accommodate our needs or our requests.

Beside I stayed in many hotels in the world, I worked for Hyatt and Marriott Hotels in the States and I will say Japan has the worst Customer Service in Hotels and Restaurants, they are friendly and cordial as long as you do what they tell you to do, the moment that you request something different from their rules they loose all their kindness and they just completely ignore you and they just don't want to deal with you, and they give you what my husband and I call "the frozen face."

Anyway I guess the hotel is convenient and ok to stay but be aware.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This hotel is comfortable.It is fairly clean and not too expensive.There are not many eating places nearby.The food in the hotel is quite good.workers are friendly and helpful.Breakfast spread had many varieties and was good.My wife and i enjoyed our stay here

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back have better view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stayed for only one-night, on 11 Feb 2017.

The Hotel is a short-walk away from Gifu station, probably 10-12 mins walk but with the luggage we had, we decided to go by taxi which costs JPY600 (the minimum fares).

The location is quite convenient, and a bus-stop is nearby too. There are also a few restaurants and cafe around there. Nevertheless, the environment is quiet.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We were satisfied with our non-smoking, double-bed room, which was much bigger than a typical Japanese hotel room. There was even a sofa with a coffee table. Everything you need - pyjamas, toiletries, slippers, coffee, tea etc are all available in the room.

The buffet breakfast (included in the room rate) though not a big spread, choices were good enough, and the food was delicious. Loved this ayu fish, a local Gifu food, which we tasted for the first time. You can eat the whole fish! :) We actually bought some home from the souvenirs shop after eating it! :)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016

The room is spacious, 17.5 square metres, larger than other Japanese hotels in general. It's also clean and tidy.
It took me about 7 minutes to walk from Meitetsu Gifu station. As it was already 10:30pm when I got off from the train, the street leading from the station to the hotel was very quiet. Yet it was safe in Japan, and I didn't worry about that at all.
The staff at the front desk were polite. They put me on a corner room on a high floor. It was a quiet and comfortable room. However, the hotel is a bit old. The room is not as pretty as it looks on the hotel's official website. I was a bit disappointed. However, it's still a nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Within walking distance to the train station.

Rooms. Medium sized with a good bath and shower.

Service: friendly

Did not have meals there.

Plus point: they have bikes for rent at Yen100 per bike per day.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple