See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on March, 2015. Its relatively close to the station and not that close (3 min walk) from all the "main" activities so the surroundings are quite quiet. The rooms were stabdard Japanese rooms (small)... however one thing I really liked about this hotel is that during breakfast and asides from the usual breakfast food (eggs, sausage, bacon, fruits, cereal, yoghurt) this hotel serves the local Gifu cuisines. They have one section of the breakfast layout that is only for Gifu cuisines and the food here varies everyday.

If your the type that likes to stay at a place and taste the local cuisines... then this hotel has both.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

Staffs are nice. I rented a wifi pocket from Rentafone and they are very welcome when I asked them to return it to the post office.

Room is quite huge than hotel room in Tokyo. They even provide 2 hair dryer for a double room.

Location is great. 5 minutes walk to Gifu station and Meitetsu station.
Behind the hotel there are many shops selling bags, traditional souvenirs, and clothes. So it's a perfect hotel if you are foreigners and would like to have some traditional souvenirs to bring back home.

There are several ramen shops nearby that open until 3:00 am.

I would love to go back to this hotel if I have any chance to visit Gifu again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2014

This hotel is very nice. It is not to far away from Gifu station both JR and Meitetsu. It is about 8 minutes from JR station on foot. Room is very clean and bigger than other city hotel. Price is reasonable. Breakfast was good, but waiteress stands in the strange place and a waitress enters in my view and is hard to eat. Also some small garbage were sticking on all dishes and all trays. There are several local made foods. There are many restaurants and pubs, night clubs 10 minutes walk away. Wake-up call is called from front desk person.

Room Tip: Nothing special
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
ホテルリソル岐阜, フロント at Hotel Resol Gifu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Thank you very much for choosing us from many hotels in Gifu. We are happy to hear that you satisfied our hotel location, room and price. However, we apologized that let you feel unpleasant about a waitress. We are improved so that a customer can have breakfast relaxedly. We are so sorry. We are happy to choose our hotel if you have chance to come to Gifu again. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Hotel Resol is by no means an excellent hotel, but for its purpose it is suitable. It is close to the station, taking less than 10 minutes to walk, so if you have luggage to carry it won't be too difficult. It is somewhat far from the main street, however, so if you plan on going there a lot, you might find this hotel inconvenient. The rooms are clean and well kept, and for a Japanese hotel, quite spacious. We rented two rooms, one for two guests and one for me (as there are no three-bed rooms) and both rooms were large enough to fit our luggage in with room to spare. As usual, free tea is provided. The only downside of the rooms is that the walls are paper thin, and the beds are placed head to head with the wall in between so I could hear the man next door snoring all night. Unfortunately, the staff don't speak English very well, and this made check-in difficult. We wanted to check in at 3, but arrived at 12.30, so I tried to explain in Japanese that we wanted to leave our luggage and come back, and they tried to explain in English that check-in was at 3 but that they would get our room ready ASAP. However, they were extremely helpful despite the language barrier, and were eager to help.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank GHartlem
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The hotel has good service and the rooms are ok. However the whole location is a little bit depressing. Hardly any nice restaurants around the corner and at night did not feel very comfortable on the street.

No problem with the hotel itself, the price was ok, but relatively expensive compared to other hotels we slept in during our 2 week tour of Japan. The breakfast was alright and the parking next door was convenient as well.

Overall you will not go wrong here but it is certainly not a hotel that I would recommend to all my friends. If you end up here you will have a good sleep though, it is just average.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business