“My Stay at Avani Resort”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Livingstone
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I enjoyed staying at the Avani resort. When I arrived, there was a mishap in the booking dates but I was impressed with the speed at which the problem was resolved. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The environment is very natural and refreshing. Food was generally fresh, but I felt options were quiete limited.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Simona

Thank you kindly for your great feedback, it is wonderful to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us on our beautiful Resort and I hope you also managed to spend some quality time at the majestic Victoria Falls!

We hope to see you again soon in Zambia in the near future.

AVANI Victoria Falls Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with wife and two kids. Really nice grounds where wild zebras wander past you as you are lounging by the pool. There are also giraffe, impala and monkeys hanging around. Staff very nice. All helpful and polite. In the evenings a band plays next to the al a carte restaurant. Nice. Only gripe is that a family room is a tad small - basically a normal sized hotel room with two double beds. Don't expect a 5 star but it is a decent 4 star and the staff are really efficient and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Steve

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments, they have been shared with my entire team, it’s always nice to get such positive feedback from our guests.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful holiday, I hope that you have taken many memories back home with you and we hope to see you again soon in Zambia in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Excellent hotel in an excellent location. very clean and relaxing stay.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars except for the following issues:
(i) The Hotel should consider introducing a gym; and
(ii) I am vegan. The food variety for vegans wasnt too great. Hotel should ensure wide food choices for vegans.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Valued Guest

Firstly allow me to thank you for taking time to send us feedback on your stay with us via TripAdvisor, all feedback from my guests whether positive or negative is very welcoming and for this I am extremely grateful.

Thank you kindly for your feedback, we have a new Head Chef starting very soon and I guarantee you that the next time you stay we will cater for you without a problem, just just let us know when you make your next booking and this would be our pleasure, we have an in room AVANIFIT program which entitles you to obtain basic fitness equipment from us to use in your room or to do some training in our beautiful gardens should you so wish to.

We look forward to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The location is outstanding and so is the set-up and park of the hotel. Nice victorian style bar and dining room - you feel like in an old movie. The service was o.k., not really friendly. They seem all to be under pressure. The management is unflexible too. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel 2 rooms for 1 night. We announced it at least 4 days before our 3 days stay. In the end we stayed only 2 nights instead of 3 however did not get any compensation. This is a no-go in times of booking.com etc. We would have had expected a reduction at least.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Andrea S

Please kindly consult your travel agent regarding this cancellation of nights, I'm quite certain that they will in turn liaise with us over this, I do hope you managed to have some fun whilst staying with us and spent some quality time at the magnificent Victoria Falls and had a wonderful holiday in Zambia!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Among everything the most important comment to made is about its perfect location... everything else ( still good) is of second order of importance as it is something that you expect from a Resort of this level.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FilippoMiliani

Dear Filippo

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments, we are so lucky to be based right at the gate of the Falls, offering our valued guests free unlimited access throughout the stay.