1,982 results
All reviewszambezi sunvictoria fallssister hotelpool barbuffet dinnerfree entranceroyal livingstone next doorunlimited accesshotel groundsmain restaurantfive minute walkafrican queenwild animalslarge poolnational parkpool sidehotel guests
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The location is outstanding and so is the set-up and park of the hotel. Nice victorian style bar and dining room - you feel like in an old movie. The service was o.k., not really friendly. They seem all to be under pressure. The management is unflexible too. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel 2 rooms for 1 night. We announced it at least 4 days before our 3 days stay. In the end we stayed only 2 nights instead of 3 however did not get any compensation. This is a no-go in times of booking.com etc. We would have had expected a reduction at least.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Andrea S

Firstly allow me to thank you for taking time to send us feedback on your stay with us via TripAdvisor, all feedback from my guests whether positive or negative is very welcoming and for this I am extremely grateful.

Please kindly consult your travel agent regarding this cancellation of nights, I'm quite certain that they will in turn liaise with us over this, I do hope you managed to have some fun whilst staying with us and spent some quality time at the magnificent Victoria Falls and had a wonderful holiday in Zambia!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Among everything the most important comment to made is about its perfect location... everything else ( still good) is of second order of importance as it is something that you expect from a Resort of this level.

1  Thank FilippoMiliani

Dear Filippo

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments, we are so lucky to be based right at the gate of the Falls, offering our valued guests free unlimited access throughout the stay.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful holiday, I hope that you have taken many memories back home with you and we hope to see you again soon in Zambia in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

It was a good stay and the people were friendly all way round. I hope next time the menu when it comes to meals a variety should be there than having the same food stuff each time. Kindly provide discounted rates for Zambian residents to maximize the revenues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Brian

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments, they have been shared with my entire team, it’s always nice to get such positive feedback from our guests.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful holiday, I hope that you have taken many memories back home with you and we hope to see you again soon in Livingstone in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Luxury resort in optimal location. Five minutes walk to the superb Victoria Falls park, with free access for hotel residents. Very good buffet breakfast. But a more proactive reception/concierge would improve the overall experience. Very little advice for activities outside of booklet by Bushtracks. Two tips we found by ourselves: sunset on the Zambezi from the terrace of the Royal Livingstone Hotel, accesible by free hotel shuttle; visit the Zimbabwe sight of the falls, accesible by taxi and modest border crossing paperwork.

1  Thank Caminant
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Caminant

Thank you kindly for your wonderful feedback, so happy to read that you made full use of the free access to view the majestic Victoria Falls, I hope you took lots of amazing photos whilst you were there.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the service you got from the reception team, this will be addressed and resolved and thank you kindly for bringing this to my attention, I am very grateful for this.

We do look forward to welcoming you back tot he AVANI Victoria Falls Resort again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The location is just perfect with fantastic staff and facilities it was wonderful to be so close to the wild life in a very safe environment we had a wonderful stay and would stay again the room was very comfortable with everything you needed

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Susan