“Beautiful hotel & great service”
Review of Mia Resort Mui Ne

Mia Resort Mui Ne
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The moment you step into the reception of the hotel you are transported into a tranquil and calming atmosphere.

Firstly I'll begin by saying this was our luxury stay of our backpacking trip however I have stayed at many luxury hotels in other countries and this has to rank as one of the best.

Our bags were taken swiftly to our room whilst we were given a sorbet,tea and clean hand towels,I think little touches like this really add to an experience in a hotel.

All of the staff were very helpful and friendly from the manager to the pool staff and those in the spa.

The room was beautiful and felt very secluded and private in spite of there being rooms next door,there was one occassion when there was a lizard in our room but given the construction of the bungalows this is only natural and didn't really bother us.

The pool was very nice with a lovely view of the beach and ocean .

Breakfast was one of our highlights everything was so fresh and tasty,you can grab fruit crossiants and juice ect from the buffet but you can also order one freshly cooked item such as ;fritatta,eggs benedict,breakfast wrap and so on .

I only had a manicure at the spa which was 200,00 vnd ,I probally could have got it done cheaper in one of the local salons across the street but I would still highly recommend the spa as the service was very proffessional and one of the best manicures I've had.
The staff are clearly very well trained and they also use O.P.I products in the spa.

Overall it was a great stay and I would highly recommend it if you are visiting Mui Ne.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saraht123

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this beautiful property. We have been to many places in Vietnam but this was just what we needed, Lush tropical garden very private, great food with reasonable price, very friendly staff with a great smile, right on the beach with all facility's walking distant for shopping, all in all we spend most of the time at the resort there was no need to go some were else. we will be back.

Room Tip: Very private bungalows with lush garden surrounding
1  Thank Topend11
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I chose this hotel thanks to all the great reviews on TA and we were not disappointed - it was just perfect, heres why:
Room - we stayed in #42 - Superior Garden View Bungalow. Infact we had a view over pool and beach. The room was beautiful and spacious. The bed was super comfy and we could barely hear any noise from the room next door. There are some that overlook a lovely garden area, prob good if you had kids as they could safely run around on the grass. The outside shower was brill and I certainly would book one of these rooms if you could.

Pool - it was just lovely. We never had a problem finding a sun bed and they brought you cold water and fruit with cold towels twice a day. The beach was just 5 steps away and again plenty of beds and if not the boys would just bring another one out for you ! We swam every morning pre breakfast and ignore what anyone has said on here, you can swim lengths easily over the shallow bit in the middle of the pool - my boyfriend is 6"4 and he had no problems!

Restaurant - outstanding. There are no more words for it ! The food was so good that we didn't eat anywhere else on our entire stay in Mui Ne. Yea it is more expensive for Vietnam, but we were sensible and only drunk free water at lunch time and filled up bigstyle for breakfast and so shared a something for lunch. We also bought pringles and beer (25p a can!!) from a shop outside the resort and had that at 6ish pm. Breakfast was the best I have ever had. There was a nice buffet of fruit, croissant etc and then you could chose something off the menu eg eggs, pancakes, bacon etc.

Beauty stuff - I had a pedicure as it was fairly cheap - 100,000 VND - but I am sorry the massage was a bit over priced for me, so I discovered that at the resort next door it was half the price and lovely - sorry Mia resort, you would have been mine if you were cheaper !

Just one complaint - it was really annoying how the prices for everything were +10% and + 5% service and tax....

Mui Ne - in fact the resort is in the place called Phan Tiet I think - Mui Ne is a nothing much village up the road. We hired a scooter - dead cheap - and rode up there to see the sun set over the boats - def do this (but beware of lots of kids who want to sell to you). The place is full of Russians and everything is written in Russian as well as Vietnamease. But the Mia resort had very few and mainly Brits, Danish, Aussies and Americans.

I would certainly recommend this resort and would love to visit again !

Room Tip: We were in #42, I think #43 and #44 were the best ones as they were slightly more secluded. If I had...
2  Thank LondonLucyLu
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days at Mia at the end of our Vietnam trip. I booked here based on research on Tripadvisor and found the other reviewers comments spot on. This is a gem of a resort, small, intimate, with all the expected details covered. Firstly the location, which is one of the best parts of the beach, with the resort stretching from the main street to the sand. The grounds are imacculately kept and the surroundings very serene. Once you step past the reception area onto the winding paths that lead through the resort, all is quiet and you don't hear the noise of the traffic of the main street. The bungalows and other buildings have thatched roofs and the pool fronts the beach and is surrounded by the restaurant and bar. I specifically booked bungalow 52, one of the only 2 bungalows fronting the beach, which was everything we expected. The bungalow was spacious with a lovely bathroom with a bath with a large window to a private enclosed garden. The terrace of the bungalow had a double day bed and separate lounge chair which were perfect for watching kite surfers and having a drink in the evening. To be right on the beach is a great benefit, however as other reviewers have mentioned, the resorts sun lounges are situated outside the 2 beachfront bungalows, so other guests using them are quite close to the terraces of the bungalows. A real bonus to bungalow 52 is the private hedged garden to one side, with 2 sun lounges and an unbrella which we appreciated as the resorts sunlounges only shade cover is the palm tree's which only provide minimum shade. Not having to get up early to reserve a sunlounge was a real bonus. The pool was always a lovely temperature, and was an adequate size for the size of the resort. Sunlounges around the pool are shaded on one side and are a lovely spot to relax, with restaurant food and drinks delivered to you there. Sandals restaurant is deservadly the number 1 restaurant in Mui Ne. For the first week we ate excusively at the resort as we were so impressed with the food, value, and range of the menu which included Vietnamese and western dishes. Casual dinners on the lounge chairs of the bar looking out to the ocean were a lovely way to spend an evening. Breakfasts which were included in the tariff, were generous and great quality. Room service was prompt and the menu extensive and good value, for example, potato wedges $4.30 USD, and burger & fries $7 USD. We booked a private cooking lesson with the chef 'Long' and found this to be a great experience and included a lunch of the 3 dishes we made. We had several treatments at Xanh spa including a 90 minute massage which was good value at $38 USD, and a manicure/pedicure at $15 USD. You most certainly could find cheaper massages and beauty treatments in the town, but we loved the convenience of the on site spa. The real key to the success of this resort is the managment and staff, who portray a consistent desire to provide great service and ensure guests are happy. Managers Lionel and Larissa are always on hand overlooking and ensuring everything runs smoothly, and they do an excellent job. In terms of the location, Mui Ne itself is not very remarkable, just a long strip of shops, hotels, restuatants and resorts, suprisingly catering mainly for Russian tourists. Mia appeared to attract a more discerning international crowd which was very pleasing. The beach itself is nice but not outstanding, and unfortunately the ocean is not as clean as I expected, with plastic bags floating around - but then there's always the pool!

Room Tip: Bungalow 52 is the pick of the 2 beachfront bungalows. Bungalow 51 has guest beach lounges right out...
1  Thank Chrissylou62
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The resort is beautiful, the food is absolutely first class and the managers are always around to keep the resort going. We felt very well taken care of!
I felt like in paradise when coming in to the resort, because outside on the street and to the left and to the right at the beach there are larger resorts, that are visited by appr. 90% Russian tourists. We did not like this and wished to have a more international feel to the town.
But fortunately the guest mix at Mia was very international and the atmosphere was quiet and very relaxed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple