All reviews sailing club sapa house sorbet deluxe garden bungalow mui ne weather forecast kite surfing beach front the general manager outdoor shower the hotel manager special thanks tropical garden a great place to relax hour drive spent nights vietnamese food
Reviewed 7 February 2012

From the moment we arrived we knew that we had chosen just the right place to escape the busy city life of Sai Gon.

We stayed for 6 nights in garden view bungalow 44. Wow! The bungalows are fantastic and very romantic! Beds are draped with huge netting, outside showers and bath tubs, and huge decks with loungers. Just wonderful! We opted for the least expensive bungalow and were so happy that we did. Our bungalow actually had an ocean view!

Service is outstanding in all aspects. We spent every single day lounging at the pool because it was so relaxing and serene. The staff is so attentive that we were not "allowed" to even raise our umbrella on our own. They serve fresh fruit skewers twice daily at the pool followed by cold hand cloths to clean up with. I never expected this type of service at a small resort.

Breakfast was quite nice and so great to eat in the area surrounding the pool with a view to the beach. We only ate dinner offsite one night at The Moon and we didn't have a great experience so we ate exclusively at Mia the rest of the stay. All the food we had there was outstanding!

If you want a laid back boutique style resort that makes you feel like royalty then go here! You won't regret it. We are already planning our next visit! We love this place!

I want to thank the manager, Larissa, for making this happen on such short notice!

Room Tip: Choose the superior garden view bungalows as they have the best price and the outdoor showers!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wxnet
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed for 10 nights at the end of our Vietnam holiday, and would gladly have stayed for another 10.
This Hotel is one of the best run I have stayed in, the attention to detail is immaculate.
The staff are just wonderful, friendly and very attentive, and although there are plenty of them you don't really notice them until you need something, something to do with their uniforms echoing the colour of the walls!
We stayed in room no 17 (I think) one of the smaller rooms, but still pretty spacious with a good sized bathroom.
The breakfast is most generous with an amazing selection for all nationalities and tastes.
The food is of a very high standard, and, as a result we ate there most nights, having tried the equally good Indian across the road one night, but nowhere came close to Mia Restaurant.
It is a intimate resort with direct beach access and undoubtedly the best part of the beach, very clean and not crowded.
Plenty of watersports and in particular kite surfing, but everyone appears to be a pro, so we just watched.
We would generally not stay in the same place for so long, but this place was the perfect place to relax and recharge our batteries.

There are mosquitoes and sandflies, if they love you like they love me, my advise is to take plenty of vitamin c and insect repellant, there are nets around the bed and burners in the room.

(my one criticism, they could invest in a new toaster, but it's the most wonderful place to wait 30mins for your toast of a morning :-)

Vietnamese coffee, with ice and milk (condensed milk! works only on holiday, unfortunately!)

Credit to all the staff and Management they are doing a fantastic job, I will be back, sometime!

Room Tip: Beach bungalow no 52 I believe to be the best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had a brief stay here in January 2011 and vowed to return - which we've just done, this time for seven nights. The only thing that's changed is the name - from Sailing Club to Mia Resort. Still my idea of paradise: lovely room with a balcony, tropical garden setting, wonderful food and helpful, charming staff. Our stay coincided with Lunar New Year and the resort was full, obviously it's a favourite among ex-pat families based in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). But the place is so well designed that guests don't feel overlooked, thanks to the dense planting, especially either side of the path that meanders all the way from the reception area to the pool and pool-side bar and restaurant. Sometimes a return visit can be a disappointment - not this one. We did a recce of a number of other resorts. There was nothing to touch Mia Resort in Mui Ne.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have spent 4 days in this resort with my family (wife and two children age 5 and 9). We stayed in the garden bungalow which was big enough to accomodate us all. Nice big bathroom and outside balcony where you can read, drink and talk.
The only issue with the room was very thin walls through which you could hear your neighbors. This time they could hear our kids.
The hotel has a fantastic restaurant with great Asian food, good wines and lots of good drinks. All in very reasonable prices so this time staying in Mia was much better then going outside and eating in other restaurants. We tried two in the Mui Ne. One called Forest which was good and the other calles Yen Gia ... This one was very basic, local, family run. But you just can not compare it with Mia restaurant.
The Mia resort is located right on the very nice long and wide beach. Its full of kite surfers and kite schools. I had good wind all the time. Hotel has one school on the spot which i used. Was very good.
The two things which I did not like about Mia is the swiming pool which is just two small ( but you have the sea) and the waiters which speak very little English. This as opposed to the pool is an easy fix for the hotel management.
All in all Mia is really a very nice place and fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: Best two beach bongalows are 51 and 52. Right on the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Voyboy
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Had an amazing stay in the run up to Christmas at Mia.

We also have a good compare as we moved up the beach for the 2nd half of our stay.

Mia Resort was leaps and bounds ahead regarding the staff and the food n drinks.

We enjoyed our golf trips very much and with the help of reception and Larissa, the manager, got some great deals.

I took advantage of the attached kite school. Martin was always present and willing to help as was Pavel (Paul) a lovely Polish guy and Nam, the ever smiling beach hand (but also, great kiter!). It appeared to be the only resort with integrated kite school so, should I have been learning would have given me comfort that their standards were high as there are a few cowboys up the beach.

The kite spot is also probably one of the best because the beach is big and the waves break a little more gently on the sand shelf. Further north there is no beach and the shore dump gets heavy as no sand bank exists.

Cant fault our bungalow room or the twice daily turnover. Our baby had no issues and the staff were forever helping us with menu choices for her.

10 out of 10 from me.

Would go back tomorrow and the next day.

Well done everyone at Mia.

Room Tip: Go for beach front!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family