“great time in this resort!!”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 31 August 2017

A great hotel with very helpful staff. The receptionist here is very active to assist in everything. even she was busy with many customers. Lovely very spacious rooms, good breakfast but not several kind of breakfast.
Good position on beach and gorgeous grounds.
overall , it alright..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Missawesome001
Nood75, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Missawesome001
Thank you for choosing to stay at Blue Ocean Resort on your holiday in Mui Ne. I'm so pleased to read here that you enjoyed your time here. I will pass on your kind comments to the reception team in particular.
We hope to welcome you back for your next beach holiday.
Kristy Marland
PS: I love your tripadvisor name :-)

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The hotel gives the impression of having been a fairly chic place when it was built but now needs some serious maintenance despite a well maintained and very pleasant garden. The cleaning staff was very conscientious and did their best.

We had reserved 2 garden view bungalows which are spacious with the usual sort of sofa and small table in front. We originally had rooms 207 and 208 but had to change the latter to 209 because of a bad sewage smell in the bathroom.
207 is close to the pool without being right on it and seemed a good compromise.
There is practically no wifi in these 3 rooms (wifi worked decently in the pool, restaurant and reception areas). All the pillows in all three rooms had a sickening strange smell (reminded me of stale cabbage soup), changing the pillowcases didn't help so we slept without. The sheets seemed quite clean but did not feel fresh.
The shower is a fixed overhead but with low water pressure, not very convenient, and one of the two washbasins was clogged. Plumbing overall seemed to need an overhaul and communication was difficult so we didn't bother to complain.

The hotel is located on one of the coolest parts of the beach in Mui Ne, with comfortable parasols and deckchairs. and several kite-surfing schools right near by. The pool is very pleasant but as often in Vietnam, not deep (max. 1.50m).

The restaurant-bar is quite extensive, with a few salas and different areas to choose from, the staff, without being overly friendly is nice enough once you get to know them a bit.
Breakfast was fairly good, with Western, Chinese and Vietnamese choices. The chicken pho was excellent, the croissants were really bad.
The food at the restaurant is a lot more expensive than what you would pay outside but is fresh and well cooked.

The receptionists are not very helpful. You have to ask for your passport back otherwise they will keep them until checkout.

Overall a pleasant place but would except better for the price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank chihiroparis

Dear Chihiroparis
Firstly I do apologise that there was a smell coming from the drains in one of your bathrooms and that the room attendant hadn't noticed this odour as this should have been resolved prior to your arrival. I am very pleased though that we were able to offer you another room close to your 2nd room immediately so you didn't have wait while our maintenance department rectified this issue. I'm also sorry that you felt there was an odour to the pillows. This is actually the first time I have heard this comment here, and I do wish we had replaced them during your stay with more freshly aired pillows. I do understand that housekeeping staff don't put their faces close to the linen or pillows, however I will advise them to check all pillows now in order to ensure they are pleasant for future guests, but I do apologise that this is too late to make you more comfortable.
I'm also sorry that you didn't have access to a strong wifi signal in your rooms. This is something we do struggle with but are constantly trying to improve. Some problems unfortunately are completely out of our hands as there are many issues with the cables delivering the internet to Vietnam and also to our remote location and these cables are a low quality (compared to many other countries) which can provide us with limited access, but also because we are such a spread out resort with many plants and trees and thick walls this can also dilute the signal strength so I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have actually purchased and received additional wifi signal boxes today to install around the resort, and while I cannot guarantee this will resolve the problems completely I do hope that it improves the future guests access to this complimentary service.
I am glad you enjoyed the Vietnamese Pho soup at breakfast but I would really appreciate it if you could contact me to provide me with further information about your concerns with the croissants. While I don't personally sample them every day, I do regularly taste these items as they are supplied to us (by a French trained supplier and I do find them to be of good quality), so I would like to have further information about what your concern was with them in case they have changed their methods etc. (I will list my email address below).
Regarding your comments about the cost of food and drinks in our restaurant, while I still believe the cost is very low compared to what we would expect to pay in our own countries (less than $4 for some main courses), I also agree that we do charge more than some little businesses close by. Please rest assured that there is good reason for this as besides providing good quality meals and in some instances even using imported products to ensure the quality is high (such as beef, cheese, wine etc.), we also ensure that we are paying our staff salaries according to the laws of Vietnam and we ensure high standards of food hygiene are upheld such as a generator to keep our cool rooms, freezers etc. operational when the power is unavailable here, cleaning products etc..
So while I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry that there were some problems that have detracted from your overall impression of your stay with us.
gm@blueoceanresort.com.vn

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stayed at Blue Ocean Resort Mui Ne in a Sea View Bungalow for two nights. The room was spectacular and ultra clean, the bedding was a quality of any 5 star I have stayed at in the world. I came back to my bungalow after a beautiful dinner to a turn down service that included candle lit fragrant oil that scented the room. The views of the South China Sea in the morning were amazing and the grounds are impeccably kept. The staff are well trained, attentive and very friendly. I have stayed at other resorts in Mui Ne in the past and I have to say that my experience at Blue Ocean surpassed all expectations. Kristy the General Manager was available for any request I had and made my stay the best not only in Mui Ne but at many other resorts world wide. I highly recommend Blue Ocean Resort if you want a peaceful, luxurious and relaxing stay. A 4 star rating with a 5 star service, location and ammenities; 6 star experience. Thank you Kristy.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank shanecollingridge
Nood75, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear ShaneCollingridge
Warmest greetings from sunny Mui Ne. I was so pleased to read that you found Blue Ocean Resort and all the team to be one of the best you have ever experienced. It is always a pleasure for me and all the staff to have such lovely guests coming to explore our beautiful community and using our beachside resort as an idyllic place to relax and revive. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Mui Ne on your next trip to Vietnam Shane.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I would like to thank to Ms Kristy and her amazing team to make our stay in Mui Ne unforgettable! Whole resort is set up in a wonderful greenery full of palms and flowers, our seaview family bungalow with private pool was amazing and spacious enough for 4 adults + 1 child (2 years old) and we all enjoyed it a lot! Beach is beautiful, wide and clean! Restaurant offers great variaty of food and drinks for reasonable prices! If you wish you can have a spa treatment outside nearby the beach! Definitelly recommend for everyone who like nature and quolity service!

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Karolina R

Dear Karolina R
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Blue Ocean experience with the tripadvisor community. I'm so pleased to your family (especially your beautiful son) enjoyed your beachside break with us in one of our sea view family bungalows.
We are actually very lucky in our location as we have a fantastic wide strip of beach, even at high tide so it is a great area either for kids to play, or for us grown ups to relax, but our staff do work very hard to keep this area beautiful and clean. I am very glad that you also enjoyed our restaurant and day spa. Although we are very close to many shops and restaurants here in Mui Ne, we do also try to provide everything our guests may want in case they would rather stay in and refresh themselves completely after either a busy (and exciting) holiday around Vietnam, or just to recuperate after their regular busy working lives.
I do hope we get the chance to welcome you and your family back to Mui Ne on your next Vietnam adventure.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful resort , manicured gardens, relaxing tropical pool area and just footsteps from the beach. Gorgeous room with outdoor shower and bath. Amazing chefs , the prawn and banana spring rolls must be tasted ... topped off only by all the wonderful friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie C
Nood75, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Julie C
It is lovely to read in your review how much you enjoyed your stay in one of our Sea View Bungalow's and our tropical beachside location. Like you I am a huge fan of the banana & prawn spring rolls as I find these flavours very complementary to each other, and although they are probably not so kind to our waistlines, they do taste great. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to our friendly staff about their service.
We do hope to welcome you and your partner back to Blue Ocean Resort on your next holiday to Mui Ne.
Warmest regards