“Engaging ”

Ranked #73 of 137 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I paid 100,000vd for the 5pm show which is only about AU$6 and I thought was good value. I don't have the ticket which includes a number of attractions so was happy to pay separately. As I understand it, the free (if you have the ticket) show is 20 minutes and is held mid morning and midafternoon. It is very crowded. The paid show is every day at 5pm and lasts a good 45 minutes. I felt engaged for the whole performance and enjoyed it all. There is a traditional orchestra of about seven, a singer and about eight dancers. A good range of styles - instrumental, song, dance (traditional, ballet, Champagne kingdom). I found seats comfortable and a good view of the stage from all parts of the small theatre. No smells either, which I see an earlier reviewer mentioned.

9  Thank bemusedtraveller
All reviews
"traditional music and dance"
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews
"stage"
"workshop"

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We just happened to be passing this little theatre and mask workshop late Sunday afternoon then noticed the sign: "daily performance at 17:00".
For 100,000 VND each (5$ US) we thought we'd give it a try and we were delighted with the show.
We had songs, dance, and the most amazing range of sounds from very basic musical instruments.
Don't miss it if you are in Hoi An late afternoon.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Worth watching this as part of the 5 attractions you can choose using the Hoi An entrance ticket. I particularly enjoyed the traditional dances and sorrowfully sweet sounds produced with the Vietnamese violin.

1  Thank LinusNg
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Always expect the unexpected and I was pleasantly surprised. It was my first time with the Vietnamese performance. Didn't run to the length of time I was expecting. But what I did see was very clever and intriguing.

Tip : book early , arrive early

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Didn't see the complimentary show, but paid VND100K for the 5.30 show. There were more performers than audience. It was enjoyable, a little kitch, performers amused themselves as well as us. Don't take this too seriously or expect some high level professionalism. Good to see the different instruments. With the show only being about 45min, there is time to go to dinner after. I agree it could do with updating. But our group had fond memories and unexpectedly turned into a small highlight of our trip.

3  Thank dolight