“Needs updating...”

Ranked #72 of 136 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We were 4 of 7 in the audience when we went - there were more performers. Kids liked the show, and we thought it was interesting to see and hear some of the Vietnamese culture. It seems like it needs quite a bit of a facelift though. Was only about a 45 minute show, but I wouldn't have wanted more than that. A decent, touristy exposure to the music and a bit of Vietnamese culture.

All reviews
"traditional music and dance"
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews
"stage"
"workshop"

Reviewed 29 November 2014

The theatre is set in an old wooden building and relatively small. We dropped there in the morning and enjoyed a short performances of traditional dances and music.. There was also a Vietnamese Bingo game with participation of the audience.. where to my surprise, I won a small prise..

Reviewed 8 November 2014

The show was a good mix of song and dance, not too long and not too complicated. Amazing sounds (amplifier assisted) from such simple instruments. Dances were basic and graceful.

2  Thank 911JohnA13
Reviewed 3 October 2014

Thank you for that perfomance, that gives a glance to traditional vietnamese and cham culture. I wish you further creative inspiration to make more diverse program! I recomend all tourists in Hoi An to visit this theatre!
Sincerely, Yana

2  Thank Yana L
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I didn't expect much from the theatre (if this is the one at 10.15 am - I didn't go to the other theatre which is at 6.30 pm) but ot was very entertaining, featuring traditional music and dance, a 'Vietnamese Bingo' audience-participation game and a rendition of Auld Lang Syne to finish off.

5  Thank lazydai