“Fantastic authenic Viet food”
Review of Viet Lac Restaurant, Hoi An - CLOSED

Viet Lac Restaurant, Hoi An
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This new restaurant is situated close to the Cam Nam bridge and has river views from the outside terrace. The food is delicious and quite reasonably priced. It looks expensive but isn't, so don't be afraid to venture in. The family who run the place are very friendly and the beer is icy cold. A silver jewellery store also operated by family members has a display in the foyer and is very much worth checking out. I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant and I wish them very well in the future. Western food is also on the menu, although I seriously suggest you try both the Soft Shell Crab and the beef La Lot...delicious!
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I regulary visit Hoi An and this restaurant is top of my list, cooked is authentic family style local food, with fresh ingredients. They will happily food a special meal if you request. We celebrated a birthday and the surprise cake was amazing. Loking forward to a return vist in May.

Reviewed 25 December 2010

After Anne and Scott go, I come back again. But I was wrong, a few friendly staff was also gone. I ordered hot Cappuccino but served in a glass without handle, and it wasn't hot.

Reviewed 21 December 2010

Scott and Anne are gone so has the Service, Charm, Magic, Warmth and GREAT food.
I have Lived in Vietnam for Over 3 years. I have seen this happen way to many times. The Vietnamese Owners Bring in some Talented Expats to Spruce up things and when the Place is Rock'in they let them go as is Exactly the Case here. Very Sad. When I first Visited here all was GREAT. Last time I visited it was a waste of time and Money. No More. Done. I hope the Owners Read this and Learn...but maybe they Think they know how to run it.....WRONG !!!
Word travels Fast and Far here on trip Advisor ; )

3  Thank Flanoguru
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Scott the great chef, and Anne the wonderful host and manager of Viet Lac have been ousted after only 6 week running the restaurant. The Vietnamese owners think that they can do as well but a quick meal today proved them wrong. There was no Ice for my drink and the food was plain and unappetizing. I was one of the strongest supporters of Viet Lac. Things change!

3  Thank travelerHoiAn
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Located off to the side of the Old Hoi An, the Viet Lac is a great find. I had it recommended by friends in Hanoi and was pleased to see it recommended on Trip Advisor. I was warmly welcomed and treated to a marvelous barramundi with mashed white beans and carmalized onions. The desert of warm chocolate granache with carmel and peanuts was beyond words. I have been working and traveling in Vietnam for 6 weeks, and this was certainly one of the highlights. WARNING: I have heard through my friend in Hanoi that the manager, Ann, is no longer managing the restaurant. If that is the case, this review may be obsolete as she was the driving inspiration for the menu and the service.