“Delicious vegan meals!”
Review of Karma Waters

Karma Waters
Ranked #121 of 1,071 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Karma Waters - Vegan Restaurants, Responsible Tourism and Charitable Work in Vietnam "Karma Waters Vegan Restaurant" serves healthy vegan food freshly prepared when you order. Menu dishes cooked with a small quantity of salt, ginger, garlic, onion & chili. NO sugar. NO MSG. NO dairy products, meat, fish or eggs cooked or served on our premises. Karma Waters Charitable Association regularly does charity work (from the proceeds of the restaurants) by feeding vegan meals to less privileged citizens in street, at our restaurants and nearby hospitals.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We've ate here 3 times so far, as we absolutely love some of their menu items (especially the tofu and mushroom patties!). The first time we were here the staff didn't seem very interested in us, however, the two other times have been great (so perhaps the first visit was not truly how they are?).

As it is a vegan restaurant, it makes it easy to eat here with food allergies (and they also understand gluten free very well and are able to advice what meals are safe and not when ordering).

Would highly recommend this restaurant for people with allergies!!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great time. The food was great. We had the pho, the fresh rolls and the thali curry
plate. A really good option for vegans in Hoi An. Wished you didn’t have to order the cheesecake in advance.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

The phò was ok, not exceptional. They offer responsible tours too, but we didn’t do it. We went because it was close to our hostel.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

On my first visit to Karma Waters I sat at one of the roadside tables for 5-10 minutes and no one came near me. There was no sign of anyone in the restaurant so I left.

Some weeks later I decided to give it another try. As others have mentioned the staff seem disinterested and there is barely an acknowledgement that you are there. The menu is handed in silence and so is your order. Having said that the food was good, though the vegetables in the veggie curry could have been heated right through. On another occasion, I ordered soup and the banana pancakes and specifically asked that for the pancakes to be served later. Sure enough the pancakes arrived after taking a few spoonfuls of my soup, which I must add was extremely hot and meant I could not eat it very quickly.

When you pay the bill there isn't even a thank you, how was your meal or please come again. Do they even know they are in the hospitality business?

As I have said, the food is good, but this Restaurant could be so much better if the staff were friendlier and paid some attention to Customer Service.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were really excited to find a vegan restaurant, but this was a letdown. The food was mediocre but really expensive and portions were tiny. The staff weren't very friendly and they seemed disinterested - we weren't even sure who worked there at first since they were sitting at one of the tables and didn't get up when we came in.

Date of visit: March 2018