“Feeding frenzy”
Review of Karma Waters

Karma Waters
Ranked #105 of 942 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Karma Waters - Vegan Restaurants, Responsible Tourism and Charitable Work in Vietnam "Karma Waters Vegan Restaurant" serves healthy vegan food freshly prepared when you order. Menu dishes cooked with a small quantity of salt, ginger, garlic, onion & chili. NO sugar. NO MSG. NO dairy products, meat, fish or eggs cooked or served on our premises. Karma Waters Charitable Association regularly does charity work (from the proceeds of the restaurants) by feeding vegan meals to less privileged citizens in street, at our restaurants and nearby hospitals.
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Great food just can't stop eating left absolutely stuffed , the servings were generous and the food was so tasty
Will definitely go back to sample more of their extensive menu

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We think this place is a little overhyped on Trip Advisor. The food is definitely very expensive compared to everywhere else we tried in the area, and for not much good reason - the service was actually quite slow despite us being one of 2 couples in the entire restaurant. The food was tasty, but nothing special and very small portion sizes - I had an average 'Pho' (I've had much tastier and satisfying meals in cheap vegetarian restaurants all over SE Asia) and my boyfriend had the burger which was literally just a veggie burger in a bun. You have to pay extra for chips etc. I wouldn't say this place is value for money - I feel you pay more for the fact it markets itself as a specialist vegan eatery with a good ethos. Food was average at best.

1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I did a cooking course here and it was so good!!! The recipes are are amazing, the dressing for the carrot and onion salad will change my life. It's fairly cheap, delicious and heaps of fun. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I ate lunch here most days I was in Hoi An and was never disappointed.

Ignore the reviews about expensive and bland food.

I had a smoothie for 55,000 dong and main meals averaged 70,000 dong, who is £3.90 / US$5.50 total.

Friendly staff and despite the “slow service“ (remember you’re on vacation and it’s not McDonald’s!!), I enjoyed every visit.

2  Thank 3PeaksChallenger
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for some brunch. Really quite nice food. Humble setting a bit of a walk from the ancient town.