All reviews victoria mall scenic view money exchange lake flies recommend this hotel to anyone nice hotel one night on arrival night stay room was clean mosquito net airport shuttle place to stay hot water driver flight wifi
Reviewed 25 July 2018

When I saw this hotel from the street I immediately had a bad impression: this hotel is old and dirty, rooms are poor and small, the toilet has a shower without the box (when you do a shower you get wet the entire toilet), the breakfast is very minimal with few choice. The only good point is that it is close to the airport but on the same street there are other hotel that seems better. I would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ema_Lucca
Reviewed 21 February 2018

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights mid Feb.. Unfortunately our initial introduction being no one to meet us at airport despite confirmation emails, got things off on the wrong foot. After catching a taxi to Acacia Bch, the staff advised that there was someone at the airport, but offered straight away to reimburse us the cab fare, without being asked (Big tick here, as after nearly 40 hrs of travel... I wasn't at my most jovial). The staff ultimately do a great job with what they have. The hotel has seen better days, and our room had the odd broken hinge etc, however it was spotlessly clean, as was the linen etc,and the bed comfortable. Very quiet location after about 9.30 pm, and we had a great sleep with verandah doors open and screens closed. (Leave room lights off after dark... the lake flies are attracted to these.. you will be warned on arrival),First impressions gave way to pleasant surprises as we had on offer a surprisingly varied and very tasty breakfast in fairly plain surrounds. Location is within an easy and safe walk of a few bar/ restaurants overlooking the the water, and a 15 min walk would get you to the local shopping centre, though don't expect too much. We used it for money exchange only. All in all we were more than satisfied with what we got for the $ paid and would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 12 February 2018

It is good for a few night stay..Close to the airport and close to the lake..If you walkin they may try to charge you 60- 65..But bargain..40- 45 is real price..
Food is average..Rooms also..But clean rooms, functioning shower and internet..

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Paquisman
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Acacia Beach Hotel in Entebbe is located just on the beach. The view from the rooms facing lake side is great. The soothing sound of waves lapping the shore of Africa’s largest lake is relaxing.
Unfortunately the room (at least where I stayed) is very small. The mosquito net fixed to the ceiling and covering the bed add to the feeling that floor space is limited. The room was clean, but beddings were stained even if they had the smell and feel of being laundered. The bed made loud noice when turning, but was comfortable. The bathroom rudimentary but functioning. Hot water all the time as long as there is electricity.
The hotel has a small conference room seating about 25. There is free but slow wifi.
The menu in the restaurant was “standard” for hotels like this, but the taste was exceptional. I was never disappointed, but rather positively surprised.
There is no garden directly at the hotel, but on the other side of the road there is a piece of land along the lake shore that serves as garden and relaxing area for the hotel. With some cleaning and landscaping it has potential to become an attractive spot to enjoy dusk.
The hotel’s location fairly close to the airport and the offer of free shuttle service adds to the attraction of this place.
It is always difficult to rate hotels in Africa. It all depends on what reference you use. I really enjoyed my 5 days stay at Acacia Beach Hotel. And the staff needs to be commended for their service and positive attitude. But the small rooms and stained beddings is something that I know may annoy international guests. That’s the reason for my rating.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Unlike the two posters before we really enjoyed staying at this place. The girl at the front desk was both friendly and able and worked out a solution for our requests. There was a free airport transfer even though it was 2 a.m. The rooms were clean and reasonable in size and we had a great view of lake Victoria. Breakfast was no frills buffet style. We would come back any time.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple