See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I went to Peniel beach hotel for a night with my boyfriend.
We were informed that they served breakfast from early morning till 11;00am. When we went to the dinning at around 10 minutes to 11;00, the place was clear,and when we asked for breakfast we were reliably informed that the chef thought people in the rooms were finished. So they decided to make for us something. It took another 30 mins to prepare. The bread seemed like it had stayed for so long, it was so hard, the butter was frozen. And we had to look for cutlery in the dinning cupboard. The staff need to do something about their service delivery.
And for a hotel by the lake they need to provide more thick bedding's because what is used as a blanket is way too light for when it gets cold at night.
Then giving a guest one towel yet you have checked in two people.... that's a no no no for me. and for the record if you want to maintain a particular standard as you claim to have, please provide a face towel, hand towel and then the big towel.
The hotel rooms are nice but they need to be well maintained.

Room Tip: If you are two people, one of you should carry your own towel if you dont intend to share.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We stayed at the Peniel Beach Hotel in February. We were met by a driver at the airport who took us the 10 minute drive to the hotel. The kind reception woman checked us in quickly and escorted us, helping with our rolling bags on the sand path. to our room a banda style room. The room was clean, the bed fine, not super great, but fine. The bathroom was ok hot and cold water and the had shower was fine. I dont think there was anyone else there as it was very quiet. The breakfast was very good. The staff was attentive and someone was always around. I hope to visit Uganda again and will stay at the Peniel Beach Hotel.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank ISChrista
Reviewed 4 April 2015

I've stayed at several airport hotels over the years, but this is my favorite. It's close to the airport, is secure and quiet, and the staff have always gone out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The cost is almost half of what many other Entebbe hotels charge for similar accommodations which is why I highly recommend it to anyone needing some place to stay for a night when either arriving from the airport or departing. I've used their shuttle from the airport and had no issues. Bathroom plumbing has always worked just fine including hot water for showers. Breakfast is usually buffet style and has been good. I most appreciate that if arranged ahead of time, they can have dinner waiting for you, if your flight arrives late and you check in late after normal dinner hours.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are more convenient if you are checking in very late. Otherwise, the separate rooms in cute little buildings around the grounds may have more privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank CarolD-HighlandsRanc
Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

The staff do their best to make you welcome and to be helpful. Unfortunately the rooms are not great, no hot water, bed not very comfortable, door kept jamming, quite expensive for what they offer. Breakfast was poor as well. I'm glad I was only booked in here for one night on my return journey home. The Sunset Hotel was so much better in every way and much cheaper.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The rooms were quite spacious than I expected. Great customer service and the breakfast too was good. The shower heater though didn't seem to work well. Water would be warm for some minutes and then get cold again. The bed too makes a lot of noise.I would recommend to anyone without great expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple