“Beautiful ride whatever riding experience you have”
Review of Dortnal Ranch - CLOSED

Dortnal Ranch
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a fantastic trip and something I will remember. I have only ridden a few times and the last time was 25 years ago. I was nervous but it soon went because they stayed with me until I got more confident. These people know what they're doing, horses are well cared for and they all have a beautiful temperament. Riding through lovely scenery through trees, some open paths and water. Me and my daughter, (16 ) enjoyed it so much. Fantastic , one highlight of the holiday.

1  Thank Nicco1001
There are newer reviews for Dortnal Ranch

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We went riding for a week last fall. It was a great week! Horses were well taking cared of and nice to ride. My husband had tryed horse back riding only one time before and Salih teatched him very well. After coming back home, he has been riding regularly. We can totally recommend this place!
Dont go to the stable next door, they kept their horses very poorly, horses were starved and they hide the most starving ones to the forest when customers come. We saw them on our ride, awful :(
We hope to come back some day, thank you for unforgettable week Salih & Nicki! <3

2  Thank Pauliina I
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Visiting Turkey for the first time and based in Armalutan, Dortnal Ranch stood out as the place to go and ride.

Feli gave us all the necessary information about getting to the ranch and arranged for us to be met off the "Dolly Bus" (dolmus) which is a great way to get to the ranch and see the local scene.

Feli is a very busy person (a former doctor who helps anyone in need) and couldn't get to meet us off the bus but a taxi had been arranged to take us to the ranch instead.

Dortnal Ranch seems to be a very well organised and run establishment. Horse welfare is at the top of the agenda and both Salih and Feli are committed to hippotherapy, a service they provide for the local community.

The ranch is in a wonderful setting - pine clad hillsides all around.

We rode late afternoon/early evening as even in late September the temperatures were still well into the thirties.
We ambled gently through the pine forests and clearings as the sun declined - the horses were hot enough without pushing them to a faster gait. Our route was limited on the day by the sudden appearance of a large number of bee hives along the forest trails (pine honey is a big thing in the area!) and Salih wouldn't risk the horses spooking at the unfamiliar objects (he'd be out the next morning getting the horses used to them).

The horses seem to be very good - but in my short experience they are not the "deadened" trekking horses found in many tourist locations and benefit from being ridden rather than being a passenger.

Anne rode Ata who was something of a gentleman. I rode (naughty) Nanu who was a little effervescent and would have loved to have had a nip at Ata! Thanks to Nikki who looks after the horses and briefed us about their characters and antics so we knew what to expect.

It was a memorable ride in the company of Salih who was friendly and informative and when we got back to the ranch, Nikki had arranged for a friend to take us all back to Marmaris by car instead of catching the dolmus - five adults and a dog in a small car! That's what Dortnal Ranch and Salih and Feli are all about - personal and friendly.

Footnote to self - take gloves next time, synthetic reins can be hard on the fingers!

2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We went to Dortnal ranch last week, and had the most amazing ride. I only wish we had more time, so we could have booked up for more hacks. The horses are in good condition, and you can see they are loved and well cared for. The hack was fun, but also well instructed, and we were put on horses suited to our riding experience. I am a very experienced rider but my boyfriend had only been a couple of times, he managed to lead the ride and have 4 canters, and came off the horse grinning from ear to ear. I would highly recommend this ranch!! I hope to be able to go back one day, and ride that beautiful horse again. An hour definitely wasn't long enough!!!
Emma and Lee :-)

2  Thank EJF863
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I like riding and always do it worldwide. But I am a timorous rider and a quiet and reliable horse is very important for me. At Dörtnal Ranch - your safety, great educated horses and very professional trainers are guaranteed! I really enjoyed riding through forest and villages and bathing with horses in the see. Very interesting adventure, beautiful surroundings and friendly original ambience! I really recommend Dörntal Ranch to everybody, undependent on riding experience. Salih, thank you very much one more time :-)

1  Thank Olga_Timofeeva