“cheap and cheerful”

Sun Maris City Hotel
Ranked #107 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I stayed at sunmaris central last june for the price I paid I was amazed to stay all inclusive. O K THE FOOD IS BASIC BUT IM A FUSSY EATER AND DONT LIKE TRYING NEW THINGS.met some nice people while I was there and nobody had any complaints over staff cleanliness etc ...found the pool a bit disappointing because of its location it didn't get hours of sunshine but was nice to sit on the front with a beer or 3.manager was really helpful over any queuries . no entertainment but the location is ideal for the beach and the bazaar is only 5 mins walk the beach is only a minute away ..if my health improves I will be booking for this year without doubt

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on second floor or above so you get balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gunner1hull

Reviewed 19 December 2014

Just stay away if you value your health. Food covered in flies. Cats allowed to walk on the tables. Not able to have contact with a rep. Locals feel sorry for you when you say where you are staying. Towels will not be changed unless you throw them in the shower. Milk jug left all crusty for days on end. But we spent as much time away from this place as we could as we were determined it would not spoil our holiday. Many more faults but not going to waste my breath. ..JUST STAY ANYWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank Dandkwarre
Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

I went for a week all inclusive with 2 friends. Honestly it depends what type of holiday you are after. For me and my friends it was our first holiday abroad with friends and we had an amazing time.
The food isn't amazing, if you like melon you'll be fine! It was pretty much chips on the menu each day and the cakes they laid out during snack times were set. The Rooms are very basic. While we were there we made friends with quite a few different groups of people so we got to see the inside of a few different rooms. The ones on the top floor are very tiny but you get the nice balcony. The staff were really great and would do anything they could to go the extra mile for you. During our stay it was my friends birthday, so we arranged a secret party with the staff who helped us get a cake and they got the chef to carve a huge melon and put a cocktail inside with sparklers!
The one thing that I disliked was the music around the pool, I'm sure they repeated the same CDS over and over. Pool was nice, always clean.
Marmaris itself was brilliant. The beach was nice, you get lucky men trying to sell to you but a firm no and they'll leave you alone. We went on a boat trip twice during the week because we enjoyed it so much. You get all inclusive drinks and and food as you're on the boat for about 6ish hours. While on the boat you go around caves and to a little village with shops and restaurants. During one of the boat trips we went on the banana boat. The boat stops in the middle of the sea so you can swim and hire out things.
At night time you have 2 options (if you want to go out to drink and dance). You can go to bar street which is about a mile walk away which is full of nightclubs. Or you can go the opposite way where there are more laid back pubs and bars where you can sit outside and relax. There are a few karaoke bars around too.
There are plenty of shops around if you want to walk around during the day and there's a market.
I really enjoyed this holiday, I would definitely say the friends I went with and the friends we made while we were there, made this holiday brilliant. The hotel is very basic so don't expect more than you pay for. Marmaris has the potential to be a brilliant holiday for you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leanne P
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Went there this september 2014. Have been to Marmaris about 15 times already, different hotels but not as bad as this! Rot in thooms are so bad, had to pay extra to get one with a balcony and as soon as we got in saw caucraches running araund. Servise it terrible and they can put something in your drink so that you dont drink anymore. Rooms are horrible and be careful they steal things. My speakers were stolen. Just try to find another hotel and have a nice holliday!!!!

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel! Trust me! I have been to Marmaris different hotels so many times. For exa...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank choosik1
Reviewed 17 October 2014

We returned last week from a two week all inclusive stay at this hotel (should have been sun Maris Central but it was closing for the season so got moved here). The reviews for this hotel are very off putting but actually it was totally fine. Really centrally located, 2 min walk to beach and in between the old town (bar street) and beach road, a stretch of bars and restaurants. The hotel itself is spotless throughout, the rooms are very small although we were offered a bigger room without a balcony which we declined. Towels/ bedding changed every couple of day and floors mopped, beds made every day. Aircon was fine but not sure how effective it would but in much hotter weather. Staff are all really friendly, you get back what you put in! AI bar closes at 10.30 thereafter you pay for drinks. We only ever had white wine and beer which were both nice, definitely not watered down!! The food in my opinion was good but this is where fussy people may be put off!! It was quite repetitive but we certainly never went hungry, always loads of fresh salad, fresh soup and fresh bread for lunch and dinner, hot food was a variation of chicken, beef, fish, chips and then rice and nan bread but I never once had anything that wasn't really nice. Breakfast was the usual cereal, yoghurt, fruit, jams, bread and then hot was a variation of eggs.
The only fault I could mention was the showers, sometimes hot but sometimes freezing, think in high season it would be worse when the hotels busier! All in all it's a budget hotel running on a tight budget but I'd happily go back, met some great friends both staff and other holiday makers. That's said even while we were there we heard people saying it was the hotel from hell, seriously couldn't understand this!!!

Room Tip: First floor rooms have no balcony so second floor upwards if that's important
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends