and 1 more site!
Kaan Apart
Ranked #87 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 17 days, had a bit of trouble when entering, paid for my partner to stay, but because he isn't English (British passport) I had to pay ON TOP over 10 pounds a night which became expensive
Air con is 35 pounds a week.. or 45 lira(I think) for a fan for a week.. toilet roll and water you have to pay for, entered room and two cups of alcohol were on the balcony, shower nice and hot, toilet kept breaking, cleaning ladies lovely and work hard, the room I was in(409) not great views but okay..and all the way at the top which was annoying, facing the back is quiet, I was in a studio room which I had to spend a lot of time ducking around, the beds comfy, bedding in wardrobe too, make sure to get an apartment rather than studio as apartment is much better room and much bigger! I had 3 beds in my room one of them broken..
The bar is nice and the pool is great, the staff are great too! Had a few problems.. everyone was saying the staff add to the bill... so if you have a tab pay at the END OF THE DAY, mine became VERY expensive, also you are not aloud your own food or drink at the bar area which covers half of the grounds so that becomes expensive unless you sit on the sofas and drink in lobby.. good music, cheaper to buy drinks from local shops, staff can get mardy with you so just put your foot down, staff very cheeky some of them but they are great, nice food, lots of bread with soup, there was some trouble whilst here with customer and staff but I'm sure they will leave their review
Sinbad and lily, amazing! Sits by the pool with his guitar he's great don't be shy to buy him a larger and leave your scraps for Lily the cat she's lovely too

Things to do in the area- emporium (bar across the road) is always a good shout fantastic entertainment and good food and cocktails within budget :)

Beach 5 minute away I only went once in the day and I love the beach but it's too busy and they are all private to the hotel behind them or cafe which was annoying

Excursions are great just don't let them rip you off, make sure to do the all day boat trip, don't let them take more than 15 pound per person for all inclusive
Whenever someone offers you a price etc handbag half it and they'll add roughly 5 pounds to it but you get yourself a bargain as they try rip you off by doubling the price

Turkish spa is a good shout, horse tracking is quite slow and didn't see any water troughs when I went so didn't bother going back skinny horses

Lots of things to do here great night life just be on your guard and a place for great food - NO NAME BAR! Cheap and amazing!

I bonded with the staff here and I met some of the best people at this apartment and the apartment was great priced too overall I had a fab stay here and would return
Thank you Kan apartment!!!
Hope this post helped

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki N

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Brilliant apartments lovely and clean big and cleaned everyday staff are brilliant friendly can't do enough for you on our 10th day 1 more to go don't want to go home food is lovely and beer good price pool is brilliant photos to follow had a brilliant time thank you to all the staff

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Booked a 1 bedroom apartment, on arrival our room was occupied by other guests who would not be leaving until the next again night. We were then put on the forth floor with no lift, low ceilings and only two beds. We were told we would be moved the next again day when the other guested left. We needed three beds, so as you can see by the picture we were given this as an extra bed in the cupboard we were given.

We then got moved down to the third floor next door to young turkish guys who were rude, aggressive and arrogant (they broke one of the lilo's we left while we popped out for lunch one day - I gave them a good scottish shouting at and received the money for this in the end).

We were staying for three weeks and without wifi in the room it would have been a nightmare so we asked to move making up one of us had a sore back and the stairs were too much they moved us to the ground floor apartment, which would sound super BUT was not - could hear every noise from the bar which played continuous turkish music not only at night but also during the day (it can become very annoying especially the same songs being played over and over again). also our balcony door didn't lock properly so become very scary at night considering anybody could get in while we slept.

The rooms are basic but clean, although the linen only gets changed every 4/5 days not the 3 days they say it does. Maids are very nice though and you can ask them for extra towels etc etc. They even put a bathmat down for us as we were using a towel.

Wifi only works on the ground/ first and second floor at the front of the building. They sometimes switch it off so you go to the bar to ask and they then try keep you for drinks etc.

we read reviews before going on how staff try to keep you in the hotel bar to which they were not disappointing on that. They stand in your way and unless you are very strong willed don't take no for an answer, one of the staff members even told me he does this because he gets paid only commission from food and drink he sells.

The food is ok, its edible and the prices are very good although the staff tend to forget your order and sometimes bring you something else out. Also if they are half way through your order and see guests coming out the reception area they will just abandon you and your order and go to try heard them in like sheep.

They allow you to run a tab up at the bar which is really good although advisable to pay every 2/3 days as the time goes on you forget what you have ordered and they tend to add things on to your bill.

Aircon is £35 British pounds and in the one bedroom apartments is only in the bedroom. We bought a fan that is 45Lira - £10 British pounds (very good price) which is a lot more adequate especially considering you can move it round to where you wish.

Ozzy who is one of the members of staff is very overly friendly and can often invade your space along with touching and feeling even when you have warned him not too.
he also tries to get you to buy your trips here for extortionate prices and will hound you about it if you even mention about wanting to do anything. (there is a place just down the road called Mr Travel Agency ; absolute super prices for trips and gives you honest answers etc on what to go on and what not too).

You get what you pay for here, and the staff will only be kind to you if you are spending money in their bar.

I had to return home early and was trying to book a flight which my phone wouldn't let me as they turned off the wifi. I then asked to use their computer which was all in turkish and when I then asked for help from the staff they said they didn't understand english, what i was asking and then told me it was not their job to help me with this.

I would not stay here again. I would prefer a holiday I was not contentiously being bombarded about money.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, best tip to offer.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a 2 weeks stay here. Arrived early hours, no problem getting our room, they are basic but clean. Some staff have changed, Adam behind the bar is nice and there's another Ozzy who's good but tends to forget your order, 3 days into the holiday he was known as Mr forgetful other than that he's ok. He's the person who does all the trips, a word of warning he tends to ask you for any trips on your first day of arriving, for anyone who's not been here before it can be quite annoying. Chefs are still the same and their food is still as lovely as ever no complaints there. We always stay in the rooms at the back, but this year was put in room 207 on the front facing the road, we found it quite noisy at night especially with the Turkish music being played by the Dj every single night. Ricky said we could change rooms 5 days into our holiday but to be honest we couldn't be bothered. The pool area is still kept clean and tidy by sin bad who still plays his guitar at night. We don't usually stay here in June/July and so the only complaint for us is that, we found that Kaan catered more for the Turkish holiday makers staying there than the English, even though most of them don't eat or drink in the bar, throughout the day it was loud Turkish music being played constantly and the same at night, don't get me wrong I know it's their holidays too and the men like to dance but not all the time, I nearly fell off my seat when Tina Turner was Abba was played once. No entertainment at night either just the snake man circus and no karaoke because nobody knew the words.
If we go back it will probably be in May.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stay away from here unless you want to ruin your holiday.
Rooms are dirty, cold and staff are rude and only interested in taking your money.

Will never stay here again, please avoid unless you want to ruin your holiday

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family