Hotel Mendos
Hotel Pelin(Fethiye)
Oykun Hotel(Fethiye)
Delta Hotel(Fethiye)
View Hotel
All reviewsreception staff were very friendlysaladevery other dayfish marketwater taxiair concalisbalconysunbedsholiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2017

we were returning guests to the mendos hotel in calis. we loved the location and the hotel setting and also my son wanted to stay there to see Ali who had looked after us the year before. We arrived at the hotel at the end of march and stayed until the easter period. It is a very quiet time and there was a time when we were the only guests in the entire hotel but the hotel was advertised as being open bed and breakfast on a yearly basis so all was well. or at least that was what we thought. The first couple of days were nice. Ali served us a nice breakfast with nice coffee. however soon we learned that he had parted ways with the hotel. Things then got worse. Breakfast consisted of jams which were brought out daily, some cheeses and stale ends of bread. there was 3 of us and we were served 3 slices of bread if we were lucky. Coffee which was served from behind the bar was no longer the lovely coffee we knew but a instant coffee! when I asked for milk I was told there was none! There was no juice or water and my son who is 7 had to go without a drink for days. He was offered milkshake one morning but could not drink it as it was made with water!. if we were lucky we may have got some tomatoes or cucumbers. Most days though you had to make do with cheese, olives and stale bread or one slice of bread if you were lucky. The staff would make themselves coffee from the coffee machine and sit outside yet they could not even serve coffee with milk for paying guests or juice or water!
Our room was a disappointment too. it was not cleaned and was dusty I could not use the wardrobe as it smelt of mould and needed a good airing. our room was not cleaned daily. we were travelling with our 6 month old daughter so we had quite a lot of rubbish being nappies but the rubbish from our room was hardly ever removed so my husband would take it out to the bin on the roadside opposite out hotel!. when we did have the maid in she would hoover and arrange towels on the bed and that was about it. There was an inch of dust above our heads on the bed which I ended up cleaning with baby wipes.I also had to request toilet roll when we ran out of it or go and find some myself! Wifi to the rooms was almost impossible to get it !Things went from bad to worse when on day 13 of our holiday the electric in our room failed to work so I was unable to boil a kettle for sterile water to make formula milk for my baby! or to wash and sterilse her bottle and feeding items. When we reported this to the manager we were told that this has never happened before but nothing was done about it. Luckily I had brought a thermos flask with me to contain boiled water so we used this but had to go all the way to the bar area in the hotel to get some water whenever we needed it as it was the only plug point in the entire hotel which did not blow the fuse when using a kettle. It was interesting that by the end of our stay some german guests arrived and were with a tour operator and it was only then that the hotel were prepared to put on a breakfast that was adequate, more bread etc and some fruit and a jug of squash ! in our experience though the mendos hotel is ran by a frugal lot of people who treat paying guests poorly and will only step up when they have tour operators to ensure they are doing so. the hotel is not child friendly. The management have no integrity. I would not recommend this hotel as it is very poor value for money and the staff are eager to rip you off. I would describe this hotel as inadequate.

Room Tip: take your own cleaning items
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank louisa p
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location and was the perfect base for my recent stay with friends. The hotel is yards from the beach and it has a lovely outdoor seating area so you can enjoy the views whilst eating breakfast. Our board was b&b and the breakfast was basic so we choose to eat breakfast at a local restaurant as a treat on our last morning. The room was adequate for three people. The room was cleaned on a daily basis and the bed was very comfortable. There are no tea and coffee facilities in the room so we took our own. The reception staff were very friendly and Ayhan was very helpful and always cheery when we saw him. The rest of the staff were ok, maybe could have smiled more often.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff who could not have been more helpful. Great location. Pool was very welcome in the fethiye heat. The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the amenities needed. Great breakfast too.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Although it was Easter Holiday time, we were the only guests at the hotel! We arrived quite late and were shown to our room which was fine and had a sea view. The room and bathroom were spacious, clean and tidy. Breakfast was quite slow but was freshly prepared and was the same every day.....fruit, omelette toast and tea or coffee. The staff only spoke German and, rightly or wrongly, we got the impression that they were "baby sitting" the hotel...maybe whilst the owners were away (?)

The stay was better than OK but not exciting.

The locality was good as we were able to walk into Fethiye Town and drive to other neighbouring resorts and attractions. Everywhere was very quiet, so clearly it was not yet holiday season!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely location, short drive from airport, flat surface so good for anyone with mobility issues. Hired double buggy mobility scooter for less than £15 pound a day which gets you around local areas including Fethiye. Hotel staff very helpful. Clean and comfortable. Hotel food excellent. Pool good size with nice gardens. Mainly German clientele which was nice change with no issues. All together a great place. I have no complaints. So if you want somewhere to stay that offers everything on your door step then this is the place. If you want to avoid Brits abroad or trashy places this is the place to go enjoy the country and so near all destinations to visit. I would stay at Mendos again. Thank you to Ilhan and his staff ( sorry didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Ozzie. Xx

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends