“HIdden Gem.”

Haci Sukru
Ranked #4 of 435 Restaurants in Konya
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: It was founded in 1907 on oven kebab and still operates with 2 branches. It is a traditional Konya dish that has been prepared at 11 o'clock, which is cooked at 4 o'clock at night, made from the forearm neck and ribs of a lamb that has not passed the age of 1 years. Low fat, oil free and oily options are available on request. We definitely recommend you come to Konya when you fall in love.
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The restaurant is a bit back from the street, down a long set of stairs. The lower outdoor terrace seating was very comfortable. The food was delicious, particularly the lamb and the portions were large so that no-one in our party went hungry. I had the best desert of my entire trip here. Make sure to order the Socarasi to end your meal. I hope I can learn how to make it, but I'm sure it won't come out nearly as well.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This place is a traditional Konya restaurant. You cant see much foreigners at all. It is always full of Turkish families dining. We went to the one at Meram. A bit far away from the city center, about 15 mins and 30 liras by taxi. It is more than worth travelling the distance. Fırın Kebab is 8 hours cooked lamb, the best ever you can eat in Turkey. The second choice is tirit. I highly recommend both dishes with lots of ayran and great salads they offer.

1  Thank karasar
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Haci Sukru is a landmark of the city! You must not miss this taste! The one in the city center is good for eat-and-go, but they have a branch in Meram area where they have a wider menu, a cosier atmosphere, but still the same quality.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We didn’t really expect the food to be so, so tasty.

We went for the righty famous slow cooked lamb, and it was really really worth it. I think great value for something so simple but so well done. It’s great they keep serving up this simple but tasty dish year after year.

But what really knocked me out was the bamya soup... it’s a meaty flavour soup, with pieces of meat, a tasty and almost spicy flavour , with little tiny bamya ... which are tiny, tiny okra... it was a stunning soup... I felt the depth and complexity of flavours were like a good Chinese hot and sour soup... not that the flavours were the same, but in the complexity of the layers of flavour... I’m sad I can’t buy bamya in the uk to attempt to make this soup myself... But I will have a go at really really slow cooked lamb....

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Delicious dinner at one of the oldest restaurant in Konya - 1907 Haci Sakir!
Tender Tandoor Meat cooked over several hours. The menu consists of only 3 main courses and by the afternoon the restaurant has nothing left. We were lucky to get something at their second branch in Meram. Very tasty food!