“Waste of time an lots of disrespectful waiters”

Yuzde Yuz %100 Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 2,750 Restaurants in Izmir
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The first mistake we made was asking for a menu! If they had a chance they would probably beat us up. While we were looking at the menu, we realized why waiters were angry at us. Prices. 4 piece of mediocre sushi is 25 - 30 TRL. 100 grams of tbone is 19 TRL. WOW! Those prices are available not only in Istanbul or Alacati but also Izmir now! We just tried to get good food and decent service. But had none. Never ever will go / pass near that place again.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We have been to the Cesme Marina branch of Yuzde Yuz 4 times since July 2016.

For our 3 years old daughter, we always ordered the same dish and were satisfied the first 3 times (Kuzu Pirzola / Lamb Chops), our last time was quite unpleasant. When we arrived there for the fourth (and last) time, I gain ordered lamb chops and indicated again that it is for my small daughter. When our order arrived, we were shocked and disappointed, because the lamb chops (one of the most expensive dishes on the menu) consisted only of bones and grease.

When I warned the waiter, he offered to replace the dish, but since my small daughter was very hungry, she had already eaten small (and edible) pieces of the first plate.

The second plate arrived about 20 minutes later, but by then my daughter had already eaten some bread and lost her appetite.

When the bill arrived, I saw that we were charged twice for the lamb chop which the waiter 'replaced'. This time I protested quite harshly, and the manager apologised and corrected the bill.

Maybe the restaurant or its cooks may be having a bad day. Or maybe that had low quality lamb chops and tried his luck by serving it to the customer, hoping that it will not be refused, or maybe there is another explanation. Certainly I would tolerate this mistake if I were by myself. However, as a father who has to make sure that his daughter eats healthy and fresh food, I will not return to Yuzde Yuz.

1  Thank gezgin_dromedary
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Strongly recomended !! The place is really nice at the end of the Konak pier, you can eat beaside the sea, service is really fast and menù list is really reach of nice dishes coming from international cucine. Great esperiance

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I love their sushi and wine very good taste. Good service. Great point to have lunch and dinner.price is good for the taste and service.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

We thought that dinner on the Konak Pier would be a pleasant way to end the day.

The menu is international: we ordered sea bass and salad, steak with vegetables and truffled mashed potatoes, 2 glasses of local wine and mineral water (1 glass with mineral water in it arrived).

Bread and olives were put on the table, but we had two bites of bread when the main courses arrived, served by two waiters in conversation with each other. The bread plates were removed to make room but then one of the waiters walked off with them.

We just started on the our meals when two waiters tried to lift a set table behind our table, partly over my head. This was unsuccessful as the cutlery crashed to the floor. They cleared the table and did it again, successfully but knocking my chair (which had been pulled right) in a number of times. Furniture moving continued throughout our meal, no apologies or even acknowledgement from any staff. The sea bass fillet had some bones and the steak was undercooked and the mashed potatoes were cool. Staff ignored us and we were happy to finally be able to flag down a waiter for the bill.

A significantly better option is just a few meters away: the outstanding Key Restaurant in the excellent Key Hotel. Not recommended.