“Not bad, not the best in town ”

Millocal Restaurant Kapadokya
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Uchisar
Price range: US$15 - US$100
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The view is spectacular with good service. The food is a little too western and lacks authenticity but is still yummy. Their breakfast is better.

1  Thank Mark K

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Friendly staff, world food, local Turkish food, chance to see balloons around 6 PM. The menu is rich and you can even find food from your own country. Also I would advise everyone to try eating in a cave restaurant, I'd like to thank to Millocal Restaurant for offering tourists a definitely unique experience.

1  Thank travellover0981
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I loved the food and the atmosphere, especially their testi kebab was perfect! Everyone should try eating inside a cave restaurant, must to in Cappadocia.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is inside a cave very suggestive. We ate filled mushrooms, hellim cheese rapped in wine leaves, lamb shank and beef short ribs. We ordered a mix Aegean Herbs pot but they never sent to us. The completely forgot, but tried to give us 3 times filled mushroom!!!! The food was good but the service was a disaster, they tried to be nice but they were inexpert. The forgot our order and when we asked to them they didn’t apologize and the plate never arrive.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We arrived without reservations for an early dinner. All tables had been booked, but thankfully because it was early, the waitstaff let us have a table in the underground cave area, as long as we agreed to vacate it within one hour. This area was quite romantic and intimate, with candle-lit tables and dimly lit recessed areas carved into the walls. If you have any special requests, such as a terrace view or the cave view, I strongly suggest making reservations ahead of time! Also plan ahead if you're expecting a time-specific view -- for example, hot-air balloons are only viewable around sunrise, and sunset views and moonlit views are obviously only viewable from the terrace after.

Testi kebab (the kebab cooked inside clay pots) must be ordered 4 hours in advance, so if you have your heart set on this special dish, be sure to plan ahead. As we had decided to eat at Millocal at the last minute, we had to choose other dishes. The staff were top-notch and quite accommodating with our requests (I requested ice for my water, and the waiter brought an entire bucket.) I enjoyed my bonfile and pannacotta; my husband enjoyed his hamburger with Roquefort cheese and souffle. I tasted the hamburger and also liked it. We both agreed that the souffle was extremely bitter -- I assume it used a high percentage of cacao, but it was still an unpleasant level of bitterness.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our romantic meal in the cave atmosphere. The waitstaff were attentive but left us alone most of the time (when not bringing food or clearing plates), which is what we prefer. I would love to return for a breakfast with hot-air balloon views and a moonlit dinner on the terrace. There were also nearby fireworks tonight (I don't know the reason -- perhaps for the 19 May holiday or for an event happening nearby); those would've been nice to enjoy from the terrace.