“Magnificent Turkish Carpet Shop in Goreme”

Cappadocia Dowry Carpet
Ranked #3 of 27 Shopping in Goreme
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dowry Carpet, offers to guests that hand made Carpets, Kilims and Sumaks. There are lots of unique significances on them. Actually the funniest thing is trying to estimate what they looks like. Please do not hesitate to visit us to get only some information without buying anything. Because our purpose is not only selling something, we're also glad to explain you our culture!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came to Cappadocia travelling through Turkey. We are from Australia and will renovate our home when we return, not thinking about rugs. Friends suggested to visit the “Dowry” shop, just to look! We fell in Love with what we saw, the carpets are magnificent and we had the most wonderful attention from Erkan, his knowledge and history of our purchase is a beautiful asset to have. We purchased 4 rugs, 1 large, 2 slightly smaller, and 1 runner. We are so happy with our purchase. Also our carpets are delivered to our door back home.
We recommend a visit if only for viewing and information. Sincerely Erkan we are really happy. Diane & Warren O’Keeffe (Aussies)

1  Thank 133wolvi
Özgür K, Yönetici at Cappadocia Dowry Carpet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Diane &Warren O'Keffle

Thank you very much for such a lovely review . I hope we meet again.

Best Regard.

in 15 reviews
"readings"
"techniques"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a shock.....I CAN'T believe the glowing reviews about this place. The sales person/ owner was racist and rude in his language the moment we didnt show interest in buying carpets. We walked into the shop at end of a tiring day just to do a quick glance as we had read so much about the shop on tripadvisor. Since my little girls were tired we had told the owner upfront that we dont have time but would like to just spent few minutes now and come back tomorrow... when after few minutes we started to leave he started making racist comments without any provocation since we were not buying. All the politeness is a mere facade to fool people into buying carpets from them. The moment you dont buy ...the true colors come out.... all this unfolded in just matter of few minutes. I would strongly advice people to avoid this shop if you dont want to be mistreated in case you dont buy anything. It was a total shock and i havent has such bad experience in my entire trip in Turkey.

3  Thank aneesbasra
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After much research I bought a large kilim from this place. I first WhatsApp the owner (on website) and he corresponded with me. I went to his shop on arrival and found him to be very sincere with his prices, knowledgable and bought a great piece to use as a sofa throw. He also gave me very good advice on how to clean it and said I could WhatsApp him any time after if I have a query. First rate, would recommend!

Hi Huck L

Thank you very much for such a nice review .l hope you will visit us again.

Besr Regard

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the best place to buy turkish carpet in Cappadocia, they are not just the sales that selling you the product, but they make sure you understand each of the different history, material and meaning of every single piece of the carpet. You would definitely find you dream turkish carpet over there. Every handmade carpet has its own story, thanks Erkan for introducing the history, material, symbol and meaning of the carpet. We love the carpet we picked.

Hi Yan T.

Thank you so much for your kind and beautiful review always welcome back at Cappadocia Dowry Carpet.

Best Regards.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were just window shopping and came across this shop. Ozgurt the owner is a really nice guy, we ended spending about an hour with him. He talked to us about the different types of carpets they have and where they are made as well as what to look out for. He had some really nice pieces but we just couldn’t decide on one we both liked so ended up not buying one. If it were up to me I would have bought one, they have vintage pieces as well new pieces, I would recommend reading up on the topic if you are interested in buying carpets when you are in Turkey, there is so much choice it’s unbelievable. This is one of the better places.