Review Highlights
Amazing experience!!!

Yesterday we visited the store and the guy was very very friendly! We also bought an amazing... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Maria C
via mobile
Very nice carpet

We meet the very friendly and helpful sales person named Umit and Ozgur...the design n price of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$162.40
from US$203.00
from US$88.20
More Info
All reviews carpet shop beautiful carpets buy carpets turkish rugs sales person old carpet turkey apple tea bought several highly recommend this store tracking number on display great knowledge two hours these guys wonderful experience ozgur
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a shock.....I CAN'T believe the glowing reviews about this place. The sales person/ owner was racist and rude in his language the moment we didnt show interest in buying carpets. We walked into the shop at end of a tiring day just to do a quick glance as we had read so much about the shop on tripadvisor. Since my little girls were tired we had told the owner upfront that we dont have time but would like to just spent few minutes now and come back tomorrow... when after few minutes we started to leave he started making racist comments without any provocation since we were not buying. All the politeness is a mere facade to fool people into buying carpets from them. The moment you dont buy ...the true colors come out.... all this unfolded in just matter of few minutes. I would strongly advice people to avoid this shop if you dont want to be mistreated in case you dont buy anything. It was a total shock and i havent has such bad experience in my entire trip in Turkey.

5  Thank aneesbasra
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After much research I bought a large kilim from this place. I first WhatsApp the owner (on website) and he corresponded with me. I went to his shop on arrival and found him to be very sincere with his prices, knowledgable and bought a great piece to use as a sofa throw. He also gave me very good advice on how to clean it and said I could WhatsApp him any time after if I have a query. First rate, would recommend!

Date of experience: April 2018
Özgür K, Yönetici at Cappadocia Dowry Carpet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Huck L

Thank you very much for such a nice review .l hope you will visit us again.

Besr Regard

Cappadocia Dowry Carpet.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the best place to buy turkish carpet in Cappadocia, they are not just the sales that selling you the product, but they make sure you understand each of the different history, material and meaning of every single piece of the carpet. You would definitely find you dream turkish carpet over there. Every handmade carpet has its own story, thanks Erkan for introducing the history, material, symbol and meaning of the carpet. We love the carpet we picked.

Date of experience: March 2018

Hi Yan T.

Thank you so much for your kind and beautiful review always welcome back at Cappadocia Dowry Carpet.

Best Regards.

Cappadocia Dowry Carpet.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were just window shopping and came across this shop. Ozgurt the owner is a really nice guy, we ended spending about an hour with him. He talked to us about the different types of carpets they have and where they are made as well as what to look out for. He had some really nice pieces but we just couldn’t decide on one we both liked so ended up not buying one. If it were up to me I would have bought one, they have vintage pieces as well new pieces, I would recommend reading up on the topic if you are interested in buying carpets when you are in Turkey, there is so much choice it’s unbelievable. This is one of the better places.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

After living in Ankara for 6 months, we had been looking around for really fine examples of handmade carpets. Thankfully we came across Dowry Carpets in Göreme where we were delighted with the choice, and friendly and informative approach. We picked up two really special pieces that we're delighted with and really hit it off with the guys there. Thanks Dowry Carpets!

Date of experience: March 2018