See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

The room is ok, comfy and warm and winter cold, but we got communication problem with the owner as he/she speak little english, some how we got miss communication n we didn't get airport shuttle service from them, we were lucky to meet someone to arrange for us. But otherwise it a quite town and i love the scenery

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

The service was incredibly helpful to book tours and assisting you at any time. They are really friendly and gave me amazing tips I wouldn't haves figure out on my own. I am coming back for sure.
This is the best combination for price and amazing memories. Breakfast was included, tea at anytime. Make sure to book airport pick up.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Got a very good deal, good property, was only there for a night, but the rooms are actually original cave type inside a cave mountain, staff was good. location was also good, quite at a height, so good view.
Recommended

Room tip: take a room with a balcony, trust me, what a view.
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I stayed at the Spelunca Cave Suites for four nights in July 2016. I had booked the Ottoman style cave room although I don't believe that was the room I was given, at least it greatly differs from the pictures that I had viewed at the time of booking! The hotels main attraction is definitely location, it is situated at the top of a steep road, with great views over Goreme but a meagre five minutes walk from the main centre.
On the surface the hotels building and rooms are very pretty, with lovely features and intricate carvings that add character, however it has multiple maintenance/ management issues, that can't be ignored.
Upon arrival, there was no-one to greet me, let alone help me with my luggage. I waited in reception and repeatedly called out hello to no avail. I didn't think it good manners to start wandering around looking for staff, so I just waited. It was only when other guests came to check out and they told me of where the staff were. Apparently they were ALL at breakfast, so the leaving guests went to call the Manager... bizarre!! In my opinion and experience I personally don't not know how a 24hr front desk operates in such a fashion?
Checking in was quick and the manager helped me with my luggage and showed me to my room, 101. Little did I know I would want to put this hotel in Room 101 like the gameshow haha. My first impressions were of disappointment, the room wasn't as I had seen upon booking, alot smaller and with NO round style bed. I was also on the first floor, so no private balcony or decent views (main reason why I settled for this hotel) The rooms are very dark inside, with no adequate lighting, as most lights either don't work or have a missing bulb, the bathrooms are very dingy but are a good size. The only plus is the beds are comfortable and overall the room looks authentic and astetically pleasing. The room amenities are very poor, dated and not pleasant to use. Also there being no wardrobe, although there was one on the pic of the room when I booked... ooh see a pattern is forming here, but i dont like to unnecessarily complain so I ignored being misled. But it was short lived and I had to complain, firstly I had an issue with being unable to turn on the television, as unlike every other hotel I have ever stayed in, this one provides no information on the rooms, hotel or services. So I had to enquire at reception, immediately a member staff helped me. Secondly I attempted to use the kettle- broke... again back to reception. I use the word rooms, yes as in plural, as I had to change rooms due to a completely unacceptable maintenance issue... I had zero hot water in the shower!? I had only noticed this on the next morning as i had used the bath tub in the evening where the water was running hot. When I bought this to the attention of the manager it was very much to his annoyance and disbelief, as this was now my third trip to reception, he most rudely retorted a "WHAT" at me, and had the nerve to patronise me on how to turn on a tap! Although it took me aback I wasn't going to be silenced in to submission and quite sternly put him in his place and sarcastically informed him "I know how to turn on a knob" most amusingly I later realised the double entendre in that line!!!! He most kindly offered to show me how this special tap must be turned but i declined this as it was all happening at the same time I was preparing for my full days tour. I needed to go out (to get drinking water) before I was to leave for the day so I told him I didn't have time right now and left him the key. On my return, after being proven right, he immediately ushered me to change rooms there and then. This was 5 minutes before the tour guide was to pick me up. So I was frantically grabbing my belongings and moving to room 104. I never had time to fully check the new room at this point, but i had noticed the next misleading thing about this hotel.... I had no jetted tub in this room... ohhhh, you know... like they advertised... and I quote "All 15 rooms boast jetted tubs" Funnily enough just before I left, I noticed my original broken kettle had been placed in to this room... so I quickly ran back to my first room to retrieve the working one. Also this new room had no fridge, so I had to rush back to reception and asked for the fridge in the first room to be moved across. Bless the staff, they happily obliged and was very apologetic, probably so embarrassed by having to work in such a shody environment. After my day tour when I came back to the room, I realised I never had a remote for the television... so you guessed it.... back to reception... what? For the millionth time?? Again most ridiculously I believe the remote for my new room came from my old room!!!
I really dont like being petty, I'm a huge advocater of supporting individual businesses but what an utter farce... seriously!! By this point I was totally bemused at my own self for actually paying for such an experience. But the worst thing for me, has to be the padded sponge toilet seat... how vile and unhygienic. I truly shuddered at having to use it! I didn't feel comfortable with the precariously hanging electric wires and socket and in my view this hotel is more 2 stars than 3 and a half.
The breakfast is a mediocre typical Turkish fare of feta cheese, olives, baps, processed meats, cold boiled eggs eugh with cheap packeted butter, chocolate spread and the driest biscuit type rusk thing. I personally can't eat this kind of food for breakfast but thankfully I ate the fruit only choice being watermelon and plums. The tea was vile, so over brewed and served from them big cafeteria type vats even more of a reason why the in room kettle was important to have.
All in all this probably was once a nice hotel, and could be again but due to basic lack of professionalism and care, this hotel is not worth staying at if you are used to a level of quality. I truly believe the managers manners and service is dependent upon you having booked tours through them. Although I will say, during the end of my stay the manager was finally friendly towards me and even had a converstaion. But to treat paying customers with contempt and hostility for highlighting faults is unforgivable. I personally wouldn't stay here again, I basically had a downgrade through no fault of my own. I believe there is better value for money elsewhere in Goreme but if your just after a roof above your head on a short stay than go for it, at your own peril!!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

I stayed in Spelunca cave suites about a month ago during the month of April 2016, all by myself. I stayed in the Deluxe bedroom which was more than perfect for me. I felt like I was on a honeymoon by myself (haha!) The location of the hotel is absolutely great. Not even a 5 minute walk from the center of goreme..also so close to the hill where you have the best view of goreme as well. Breakfast is great, rooms are clean, great staff, I can't wait to go back!!!
Kanadali Nihan, Istanbul'dan selamlar, hersey icin tekrar cok tesekkurler!!!

Date of stay: April 2016