All reviewsrecommend this hotelno windowreal cavehillskysunriseballoons
Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

hotel is in very good location near to the center, rooms are big and the hotel manager mr. Chito is very accommodating and helpful. He even arrange a free pick up and drop off . Breakfast is ok. The rooms has a very good heating facilities as the time we visit gerome is winter and it very cold. Overall visit and stay is just perfect, prices is not very high and be good for those who are on budget trip. Cappadocia is one of the best place and not to misses place to visit if you plan to visit turkey

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Goreme in all is really amazing, just as it appears in all balloon trip publicities, but with the hotels, be careful. I checked different ones throug an important web and finally decided for this average place, because the photo was suggesting! Well, it`s not totally untrue, because we were lucky with the weather, and also we had not too many expectations (price-value). The room was in the highest floor the fourth one, but we are two ladies in good shape! so didn t mind to climb all those stairs, since we had brought only a back pack. The room was real stone, thus cold ... in spite of the summer and the sun.... but the bathroom was ok, the wifi functioned, and the overview to the city and the Chimneys was worth. Breakfast, just simple. A word to say, there is nobody ever at the reception, there is nobody at the breakfast hour... so don`t count on it. And if you have some initial trouble as we had with the reservation with an american card, be careful with the "manager" who is really a non educated person for the tourism reception. Besides his English knowledge is barely basic, not to say other languages.
In the whole perspective, acceptable for one night with the full moon as we got, and the nice tours we had booked.

Room Tip: if you are loaded with trunks, and if you have problems with climbing , dont take the room 20, and if you do it because the terrace to have there a full sunset with a drink (you buy outside and bring to your room), be aware the door has to be carefully closed, and guarded against a cat that is always around trying to "share " your romm.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisaflow
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room 14, where we (one adult and two teenagers) accommodated for three nights, was decent enough. Fresh room, clean sheets, towels, and blankets, mattresses in good conditions, correctly functioning sink, shower and toilet. WiFi, although broadcasting and visible, didn't work for us none of the four days we stayed there. However, staff was kind enough to give us alternatives such as connecting to their neighbor hotel WiFi, or use their computer at the front desk reception. Staff helped us scheduling and prioritizing our visits in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you do not want to destroy your travelling mood, remember the name of one traveling agent "Hard Rock" in Istanbul and the name of a hotel "Lalezar" in Goreme. UNRELIABLE, UNFRIENDLY, UNHELPFUL AND LIED ALL THE TIME!! I will tell my story in an objective way and welcome any challenge from the traveling agent and the hotel.
I booked a traveling package, including air tickets, accommodation, day tours, transportation and ballon trip, from Hard Rock. The staff of hard rock told me that Lalezar belonged to the same company and thus I would be able to talk to the people in hotel regarding any problem I met in the trip. Below is the list of all the problems I met during the trip:
1) The driver picking me up from Kayseri airport delivered me to the hotel one hour late and thus I missed the first stop of the day tour. The tour guide refused to drive me there after we finished other stops and the hotel owner refused to help and expressed that it was the problem of the traveling agent, which had not relationship with the hotel (this turned out to be such a huge lie).
2) Before going to sleep, I double checked with the hotel staff regarding the details of my ballon trip the next day and he told me I had to wait in front of the hotel before 4:30 AM for the bus to pick me up. I followed his instruction and had been waiting from 4:20 AM to 5:30 AM. The bus never showed up. I went to the ballon trip company office (the one they told me they made a reservation for me) and was told that the traveling agent never booked the trip for me. I then called the traveling agent and the person said it was the mistake of the ballon company and had nothing to do with them. They said that they could arrange me to take another ballon trip the next day, but it would require them to change my flight back to Istanbul and I had to pay the difference. I fought with them the whole day through phone on this issue while I was in the day tour, which was definitely a mood killer. After the whole day of fighting, they finally agreed to cover the flight difference but said that they could not provide the transport from Istanbul airport to my hotel, which was clearly listed as provided item in the itinerary.
3) I went back to Lalezar hotel and they gave the updated itinerary. The first time, they admitted that they belonged to the same company with Hard Rock and even showed me that they could say what was happening in Hard Rock Istanbul Office through their monitoring system (they showed me the screen because they tried to say that the person there was really busy and stopped me to call him discussing the transport problem). I waited a while according to their suggestion and then called the person in Istanbul and he said he was still busy and would call me back in 20 minutes, which happened several times but he never really called back as his promised. The hotel owner asked me to have a dinner and said he would help me to call the person in Istanbul. But when I came back (i only spent 40 mins for dinner), the guy disappeared. I asked another staff to call the owner and he was super angry being called and asked me not to call him cause he finished his work and went home. He said that he called the Istanbul office and there would be a driver picking me up from Istanbul Airport, which turned out to be another lie (no one showed up at all).
3) Being afraid of waiting in vain, I called the ballon company to confirm my reservation and they said they didn't have my reservation. I had no choice but to call the hotel owner one more time and he was definitely crazy angry with me for calling him at "such a late time" (9:10PM) and hung up my phone. I had not idea what I would be able to do at that time and totally lost my traveling mood. I decided to have another try and still got up at 4am the next day. Fortunately, there was a bus picking me up and I realized that the traveling agent booked the trip for me not using my real name, neither the name of Hard Rock and Lalezar, which I still feel confused. The ballon trip was amazing and I decided to let all the unpleasant feeling go. However, the hotel owner didn't want to do that. After I came back from the ballon trip, he came straight to me and shouted at me saying that he was super angry that I called him after he left hotel. This was the ever first time I was confused who was the customer.
4) The thing made me feel most uncomfortable was their attitude, for all the problems I met, no one ever said sorry. And when I asked them to fix the problem, they were using an attitude that "I am doing you a favour".
5) In summary, to be objective, the hotel itself is not bad. It is clean and has good sound-proof. But the service is far more worse than your imagination. There was no staff in hotel between 10pm to 8am and they would shout at you if you try to call them for some problems.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Justin Z
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very well located hotel. Very nice staff, especially the manager. What a nice breakfast buffet. Very nice view. We had wireless Wi-Fi throughout the hotel area. A bit slow but good. We loved sitting out in the garden drinking tea, caffe or Turkey's special apple tea and just talk and relax after a long day trip... We had no problem staying in Room 2 hours extra before shuttle bus picked us.
Highly recommended