All reviews recommend this hotel no window real cave hill sky sunrise balloons
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I spent two days at Lalezar Cave Hotel and loved every minute of being there. I had a great room with a terrific view. Staying in a cave is an unforgettable experience. I enjoyed the hospitality; the staff is professional, courteous and helpful; they did everything to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Breakfast is OK, though could be better. The room was clean and bathroom was fine. I enjoyed befriending the staff and getting to know about Turkish culture. I will highly recommend this place to everyone; it is a terrific place and worth the value. I am looking forward to revisiting the area and will again stay at Lalezar Cave Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very welcomed by all the staff. Breakfast was always good. Rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels. It was nice that we could help ourselves to tea or coffee anytime. Free wifi was also good. Thank you to all the great staff at lalezar.

Karen and Rob

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at Lalezar for 3 days during our Cappadocia tours, the hotel and breakfast ( you can only eat at 8am sharp, we attempted to 5 mins before 8am because our bus will fetch us at 9am but were told to wait though the buffet was ready), clean rooms and bath but no TV and internet!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rcsports
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our tour operator really hyped up Hotel Lalezar when he claimed that this “boutique hotel” was better than 10 stars. Obviously with a real cave hotel, you’re not going to get that modern feel. There’s a vent in the bathroom which is literally a hole in the ceiling and it must have rained before we arrived (or maybe water leaked from the shower/toilet -- eek) but our bath mat was soaked. Unlike other posts, I can’t complain about the shower as we didn’t have a problem with the pressure or heat of the water. Don’t cut corners around the bed because it hurts like there’s no tomorrow when your shins graze the stone foundation. The temperature is a lot cooler in a cave, but the hotel only turned the heat on at night – so you best have plans to be out in the sun during the day. I wouldn’t say the staff went out of their way to make your stay wonderful, but they do offer to pick you up from the bus stop, and the rooms were kept clean so long you remember to leave your key at the desk. I think that after those initial shocks, we didn’t mind our stay at the hotel. The terraces on each of the floors had breathtaking views of the town, especially at morning when the hot air balloons fill the sky. Our tv only had one working station, but the dining room had a good functioning tv, and a computer with internet. The location was nice – maybe 10 minutes to the center of town, but 15-20 minutes back up after a long day of hiking. I’m not sure how much the hotel cost as it was part of a package deal, but it sounds like Lalezar is more budget than boutique – and so I guess you get what you paid for.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NonRevLuv
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We loved our stay here !clean and updated! the staff was friendly and gave me a book of turkish history free wi fi and computers to use!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family