All reviews fantastic location hot air balloon reception manager early in the morning balloon ride cappadocia valley tour chimney
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I didn't expect a lot but... we got a room just above the air-conditioning system of the hotel and it was impossible to have a good night sleep because of the constant noise from the outside. I have complained to people at the front desk but they told me that hotel is fully booked and it is not possible to change the room. The breakfast around 9 o'clock is a mission impossible. If you come around that time, you can only choose what is left from the breakfast selection and that have not been much. The hotel does not have an elevator to go to the rooms upstairs and I have not seen that fact written anywhere when I have read the hotel reviews. Also, car parking is not for the hotel guest only but whoever comes the first. I had to park my car accros the road in bushes. Anyway, the only plus is a location so you can walk around and not use transportation.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Set in amazing location, very close to the centre and the open air museum but disappointed with the hotel. We booked 3 suites of which one had to be a twin and this was confirmed by phone with the Manager of the hotel. When we arrived they gave me a twin room instead of the suite and the suite to the couple who wanted a twin suite. We discovered they don't have a twin suite so they had to settle for a twin room but the Manager refused to refund the difference stating "it's only 15 Lira a night difference". I eventually got a suite and the young lady on reception did a good job in trying to sort it out.
I found my suite was in need of a good clean, stains on the carpet and easy chair, an uncomfortable matress which sunk in the middle, a very small bathroom with no shower gel just couple bars of soap, i went out and bught some shower gel.
My Iphone couldn't log onto the wifi and it took the guy on reception a good 20 minutes to resolve it but it kept dropping out every time i went out of the hotel, to the basement restaurant and overnight. Each time I had to re-enter my passport and room number!
There was a kettle and on day 1 no tea or coffee. We asked reception to send some and all we got was 2 tea bags, 1 small cup, no coffee or milk. These were not replenished after day 1, I ended up buying coffee sachets from the local store.
Breakfast was ok but boring, coffee was instant and with powdered milk, no simit on any day and on day 3 there was no orange juice.
On check out, the Manager told 1 of our party that they hadn't paid for their room but they paid on arrival, it was a good job they kept their receipt. Their finance management system is a joke, nothing seems to tally and this results in argument and bad feeling.
Overall this is a badly managed hotel but I have to give credit where credit is due. Overall a lot of the staff always looked so miserable but thanks to Ali on reception for resolving my wifi problems not once but twice and always with a smile on his face and Mehmet in the restaurant for being so helpful, chatty and polite.
And finally a note about the Manager who at first refused to "remember the phone call" where he confirmed a twin suite was available, but when pushed by the lady who made the call he suddenly remembered but refused to acnowledge he said a twin suite was available, basically calling her a liar. Not handled at all well but he did offer us the king suite on our next visit but of course that fell on deaf ears as we won't be staying there again!

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

We were warned that local hotels in Turkey are usually not as nice. Meaning... the number of stars a hotel has may not really reflect the hotel and its service.

We arrived a little before 7pm. There weren't a lot of people. The lobby was dark, the lounge near beside the lobby did not have lights, and the hallway to our rooms were dark too.

Upon entering the room... I immediately thought "ugh... yuck...". The carpet was looked filthy. The chairs looked dirty. There was a stain on one of the beds. The other bed sheet had 2 holes on the side. The foot towel had a stain as well. The drain on the floor, under the sink, was rusty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years.

I literally went through the room with alcohol. I constantly sprayed alcohol also around the room in the air cause there seemed to be a weird smell.

Since I visited during fall season and the weather is cool, like a lot of hotels in this area, the airconditioning was off. We complained it was warm and so they turned on the ac for us. The room was cooler... but still pretty warm.

Our breakfasts and dinners were included. Sadly, the food was not thst great either. The restaurant's tables didn't look too clean. There were so many flies hanging around the buffet table too.

There are only two good things about this place. First, the outside area looked nice. The view Göreme has to offer can be appreciated from the hotel. The pool looked nice too. Second, their location is an easy 10-minute walk to the town where there are many stores and restaurants.

Sadly, we were told this is the best 4-star hotel there is in Göreme... I disagree!!! This is definitely not a 4-star hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank StarryEyedLuna
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Oldish.. property not renewed necessarily. Specially bathrooms, mini bar, room door controls poor quality and old. I've had 3 time room door problem during 2 nights stay. Towels are second major problem, they never bring enough quantity.

Only location. It's close to Goreme Open Air Museum and also Goreme city centre. If you wake-up early you can watch hot air balloons take off in your room (depends on room location).

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Stayed here two nights during our ten-day visit to Turkey. The location is really good - walking distance to both the town and the open-air museum. The rooms are good sized and okay, but could use updating, especially the bed...The breakfast buffet was very good, and the pool really nice, with gorgeous views of the balloons lifting each morning. The staff was fair. This stop was part of a small tour, and it's an okay place , but we wouldn't pay the standard online price. Other higher rated hotels in the area are much less expensive

Date of stay: September 2015