See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel is clean and quite, the staff are very polite and helpful.it exceeded my expectations for 3 stars hotel.you can order hot water anytime and the air conditioner opens at 5 pm. Rooms are always clean so as the bathroom. Good variability in breakfast but the same everyday.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2015

I loved staying there. The staff was the best; friendly and helpful. I personally loved their breakfast, it had various options to suit every taste but it remained the same nonetheless. The rooms were always clean, hot water was never a problem. The location of the hotel was super convenient, near to the metro, tram and bus station. The only downside was that the central air is shut down during the afternoon and we went in the summer so it was very hot. All in all, the service in this hotel and the facilities exceeded my expectations for a 3 star hotel and I think it's perfect for the practical traveller who doesn't want to pay too much for accommodation and extra amenities and still gets comfort and good service.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights; rooms were pretty basic and so was the food.
Its near by the 'hot spots' Sultan Ahmet, Aya sofia, Grand bazar and Topkapi - very walkable distance!
The hotel is also near the Tram station and the Metro stations, if you need to go to Taxim and other districts.
Location wise its pretty fine. If you're on a tight budget, then I recommend it for you.

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was very happy in this hotel.everything was just very well -location,sleeping quality,helpfulness of the hotel staff,bed's softness,breakfast,value. Fuar will be the best for the travelers,who want to stay near the centre,get good service and don't pay too much

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JMJenny
Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you have a long layover, Fuar is a great option. It is a far better value than the Ataturk airport hotel, upwards of 90euro for a few hours. You do have to ride the metro to the end of the line and then walk a few minutes, but that is far preferable to staying in the Sultanahmet area and having to catch the tram there. If I was in Istanbul for longer than half a day, I'd probably stay back in the Sultanahmet area.
That said, this was a decent option. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and not especially large but not too small. Reception/checkout was friendly and efficient and the breakfast was a typical Turkish spread, but is far better than a lot of 'continental' breakfasts you'd get stateside. There is also a really nice view from the breakfast room. True, the surrounding neighborhood isn't much to look at, but we arrived very early in the morning when the streets were empty and did not feel unsafe at all. My only complaints about the place are noise-related. We had a fifth floor room under the breakfast room so I could hear chairs being moved around above me, and there was a vent in the bathroom that seemed to be a direct line into the adjacent room. In the morning, I could hear every word of their conversation. However, I would probably stay again and recommend this hotel, but again, it is best for layovers and short stays because it's location is less than ideal for the major sites of Istanbul.

Room Tip: Avoid the fifth floor so as not to be awoken by the chairs above you in the 6th floor breakfast room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple