All reviews double tree turkey nice hotel outdoor pool quiet location cave hotel cookies busy itinerary vegetarian food lots of tour groups comfortable room buffet breakfast internet connection turkish bath no doubt family vacation place to stay
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel for one night on July the 29th. On the way to Kayseri, we wanted to stay at this hotel because we were going to Kayseri to buy a car. So, we staopped here on Saturday to walk around. The hotel is surrounded many natural beauties. It is in the middle of Cappadocia. Also the red river is crossing at this region. It is worth seeing. There are many things to see around. Even if we arrived late at the hotel, we were able to have breakfast. The meals were very delicious. I easpecialy liked KUZU TANDIR (baked lamb) The breakfast was also perfect. Double is more quality than Hilton in Kayseri. When I go to Kayseri again, I will stay at Double Tree Hiltın Avanos-Cappadocia.

Room Tip: Coose a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

As my first priority was to get the balloon flight which is 15 minutes away by car from this hotel. Then this was a very good place to stay the nights. Have a nice pool and garden around it. The breakfast provides a lot of choices.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I am normally generous with the ratings. Although this hotel has great facilities and amenities including a swimming pools, it was however let down by a few things that were annoying. Every time I came for breakfast I had to find my own table that was not made up. As I chose a table I had to find the staff to ask them for the cutlery. The staff need more training on hospitality. The hotel is not situated in the centre of town and this was not a problem for us as we had a hired car. It is situated well within the reach of all the tourist areas of Cappadocia. Overall it was a comfortable stay but the staff at the hotel do need to be more aware.

Stayed: July 2017
Envrhvr, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Avanos - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Our Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your last stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Avanos - Cappadocia.

The problems that you mentioned about breakfast service have been brought to the attention to our Food & Beverage Manager and staff. We keep working on improving the quality of service we offer for our guests.

We thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us, as it is the best way for us to improve our services and facilities.

We, the DoubleTree by Hilton Avanos - Cappadocia Team Members who aim for serving beyond our guests’ expectations, are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Avanos - Cappadocia.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Chose the hotel based on my loyalty to Hilton. While the hotel is 10 km away from the main venue of Cappadocia tourist points, it is stood with its own Hilton name brand (Doubletree) in a quite place in Avanos. Hotel staff members are genuinly working hard to make it right.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Doubletree in Avanos. As a Gold member through our Amex card we had a free upgrade to a suite, wifi, breakfast and spa access. We enjoyed our stay. Great breakfast selection. WiFi was fast and worked well. We enjoyed the indoor heated pool. The outdoor pool was beautiful but in May the water was too cold for me...but I enjoyed lying in the sun by the pool. We were a short walk (about 20 minutes) to town and the hotel could arrange a taxi. Friendly and accommodating staff. We'll look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: Join the Marriott Rewards program & book through Marriott....and/or get a credit card that gives you Gold status for benefits.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple