All reviews animation team salad pool area great holiday the ritz hotel location is decent size soups great fun entertainment games dolmus laugh samos
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I will review the whole experience for those who are interested:
DAY 1 ARRIVAL: we arrived at night which made the venue look rather scary as it’s slap bang in a residential area with a creepy park that I wouldn’t recommend any children using it as some equipment was broken.
They offered us a sandwich which looked like it had been sat in the sun all day we just caught the bar before closing at 11 cocktails and certain drinks are extra just your very basic all inclusive drinks. The bald man behind the desk didn’t speak very good English and was quite rude.

I actually cried my eyes out of the first night because of how horrible the area was it was in a very run down area!

When we got into our room it was kind of nice, balcony with only one deck chair though. We never got told how to use the safe throughout the whole holiday we did ask our rep and reception and they told us they will pass it on... you are basically given two large towels as bed sheets and only one pillow each. The bathroom was nice also put there were holes in the coving which was slightly disgusting.

No English channels other than BBC world news if you stay awake past 11 when everything stops.
The entertainment at night is all provided in Turkish and it’s like a children’s disco and children’s karaoke in Turkish.

DAY 2: Breakfast was horrible, flies all around the food and crawling on the food as they have the doors leading to pool and garden open so there was a cat in the restaurant. Not a lot of choices very basic flavourless food.

Entertainment team in the day we’re funny they really tried hard in their job.

Life guard just walked around looking at himself and on his phone the entire week. When an umbrella was launched into the pool by a gust of wind he made the guests get it out of the pool.

Lunch was alright more choices and multi cultural food.

Our rep Natalie was lovely! From TUI.

Our towels/sheets and bath towels were not changed through the whole 8 days we were there because they still had the same marks on.

The beach they do a trip for us also very run down covered in seaweed and sharo stones going into the sea becareful of young children as well!

Good thing is that your about a 20 minute walk into town but it’s a bit of a dodgy walk through a coach park then a bus station past a dodgy car park and along side a grave yard. Sounds as bad as it looked!

Tea/dinner time was awful when we did try some of the chicken dishes we were both very poorly and then had to result to eating out instead which added up a lot.

Some of the day time staff were a bit better some cocky lads talking to each other in Turkish when you’ve just asked for your drink your stood there waiting and they are talking Turkish and laughing it’s a bit awkward and happened a lot of times.

DONT BE FOOLED BY WIFI! Advertises hotel WiFi free in rooms and around complex you have to sit right at the front doors the to hotel to get it there is usually a large group of people there so you won’t miss where the only hot spot is. They said they were fixing it but I’ve read back to May when they were saying the same thing to another family.

Hotel is very outdated really.

Must go on the Monday trip to their other hotel they send you there for a day which is a bit of a smack in the face because it makes Marbel look like a hostel from the movie series hostel. It is huge right next to Aqua fantasy.

Pool is very small which is a shame because it looks huge on the pictures.

Pool snacks are a joke! Don’t taste anything like what they are saying it is becareful with the meat from this hotel! Our friends we met had food poinsoning on their 3rd day and their holiday was ruined they didn’t go off the complex either!

Hotel is surrounded by 10’s of stray cats and dogs it’s awful they are around the pool, at the front of the hotel behind the hotel, in the restaurant on some occasions, in the gardens and the hotel staff go out and feed them food!

RECOMMEND:
1) Don’t eat the hotel food as we are still recovering a week later from dodgy food.
2) Travel into town for drinks & food plenty of places
3) Go on the Monday trip to Ephesus their other hotel!!!!
4) When having a pool day sit on the side with the hotel as the sun stays there for longer.
5) Don’t feed any of the cats
6) It your not a fan of Turkish food or Turkish culture don’t book here
7) If you want a hotel that is good for the value of money don’t go here

It’s a overall very basic hotel with poor choice of food; limited selection of drinks; no entertainment; rude staff; non interested staff and stray animals.
PLEASE DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL EVEN IF ITS LAST MINUTE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This was a cheapy last minute hol. On arrival we were horrified as it appeared to be situated in an industrial estate. However we needn't have worried. The staff were helpful and welcoming. Although the hotel is a little dated and tired it was spotlessly clean and rooms were very comfortable. There was a small garden where we ate at times. The food was Turkish which I personally love but if you only want to eat English food this is not for you. There was every type of salad, couscous, houmus, herb and veg you could imagine at every sitting so I was happy. The animation team were so friendly and although we did not partake in any activity they still made time to talk to us to have a laugh and practice their English. We personally had a great holiday although there were some complainers, but you get those wherever you go. Great value for money

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank kathmorrell
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This, as in so many of my reviews, is cost relevant. We had a last minute 7 days all inclusive, for £324. And for that, we had amazing value,the staff were always smiling, the food was great, always fresh with a ton if salads, pickles Turkish favourites. No it's not your full English! But you are in Turkey! Pool and bar scene always great fun, animation team keep things pushing along. The place IS NOT out in the sticks, it's virtually town centre, the Wednesday market is across the road we timed the walk..8 mins.. next to it is a full Carrefour supermarket. We continued our walk to the centre, with an abundance of shops and restaurants. Time: 16 minutes. The hotel give a free shuttle to the beach and back. All inclusive times are clearly displayed. We also arrived late (10.45 pm) and they were thoughtful to make up meat and cheese rolls for late arrivals. Even the the all inclusive finished at 11 (they allowed us to get 3 beers each before they close).. they still sold us drinks after the cut off at around £1 a beer!.. c'mon guys, cut some slack, the room was nice clean and cool. Tv.. only a cpl of English channels.. but hey we aren't here for that.
So that was the review for a £324 week. If you have been unfortunate to have spent over £700 for a week at the height of the season, then I agree you do not have value for your money.. though it doesn't change all the information above.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gaytelford
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is definitely overrated and the good reviews are describing something completely different to where we stayed.

Firstly, upon arrival we were all cued up at the reception desk awaiting room keys and to check in, we weren’t given any information about anything, we couldn’t get a drink as the all inclusive bar shuts at 11 and the only food we were offered after a full days travelling was a wrapped up baguette that seemed to have been sat in the sun. It was stale and barely edible. The morning at breakfast I made cereal and the milk was all stuck to the back of the spoon it was disgusting. We spent most of our stay eating out and avoiding the restaurant food due to the poor quality of the food. It’s unacceptable, I wouldn’t serve most that to my dog. I can only remember food being decent on one night out of the 14 days we were there. On a couple of days we even sat down to eat there and left to get food out. To everyone reading I recommend Marvista and Hong Kong on the seafront for decent and actually edible food.

Secondly, the WiFi didn’t work at all. 14 days we were there and I couldn’t load anything. Not great when you have to pay for internet just to let your family know you arrived safely. Over the course of our stay I’ve added £42 onto my phone bill just to use a little bit of internet as there’s is simply unacceptable. When questioned on the internet we were consistently told it’ll maybe be fixed tomorrow or that it’s because too many people are trying to use it. Absolute joke.

I would also like to point out the fact that a cat pooped all over a chair in the restaurant and nobody seemed to care. The Tui rep was nice and informative but passing that place off as 4* is an insult to everyone who stayed there and actual 4* hotels. The sister hotel and palm wings offers a decent escape for a day which I advise you take. There is a bus to take you every Monday and it’s a step up in class in every way possible without a doubt.

Finally, I would like to give credit where it’s due. The rooms were spot on, clean and fitting of a fine establishment. It’s a shame so many other things bring it down. Cleaners are polite and courteous too. The animation team do a good job at engaging people in their activities and I enjoyed playing water polo but there was also aqua gym, dart games, football and table tennis. I’m not sure of his name but the main animation lad was upbeat and he deserves much better than to be stuck at that hotel.

Overall, facilities are good but food and WiFi are a joke. As is the fact an all inclusive hotel has one bar which shuts at 11 and you have to pay extra for cocktails (meant to be all inclusive, so again it’s a joke). Some of the staff are also blatantly rude and act like the hotels issues are your own fault. There was a nice bloke working the front desk and bartenders seemed nice and friendly but that’s about it.

Avoid this hotel, even the location is well outside the city centre and you can’t do anything without a taxi!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stewart B
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Where do I start. I find it hard to believe some of thesr reviews as they were either in another hotel or things changed when we arrived.

I booked this holiday in good faith with TUI, I questioned the rep about 3* she assured me it was 4* so I proceeded to book the holiday my biggest mistake.

We arrived Saturday 7th July,the coach pulled up outside the hotel abd
my heart sunk. We all approahed reception a queued up in a hot lobby with no aircon.Once we reached reception we were only allowed one key card didn't matter how many in the group (have always had two keys everywhere else we go) we were then given a wrapped up roll off a tray who knows how long that had be sat there we were baking hot just standing in the queue (bearing in mind that this is all-inclusive) we then as for the internet password which was given and very slow to load. We were then directed to our room with no information about times of meals etc.

We went to our room to find a lovely room and bathroom with aircon, there was a safe no information how to use it!! We have a balcony room over looking the pool if you could see it for the big tree blocking any view but is good for a bit of privacy.

To the food terrible, why do some
place think they can serve slops and we should just put up and dhut up and accept this. I was told we work hard my reply we work had also for a good holiday and to get what we paid for same as you would holidaying somewhere else. We look everyday at the food the odd occasion there is something you might try but a good point if you like salad this is good and desserts are good. Not everything is labelled so you try at your peril.

If your children are choosy when they eat they will go without food so look
at having to go out nearly every day to pay somewhere else for food.

The bar by the pool is only open 10am-11pm after that make sure you have your own drink..not even 12hr all-inclusive let alone 24hr. If you want a cocktail it's additional money(but your all-inclusive!!) The snack time is 3-5, they say all day snacks the odd occasion some cake by the tea urn but not enough for everyone.

Back to the internet. In this day an age internet is everything to us at times and all the time for our teens. Do not come to this hotel if you want internet, it was very slow for two day and have had no internet for four days. You ask what is happening you are spoken to rudely as if it's your
fault it's not working. When you asking when it will be fixed maybe tomorrow always maybe. Usually you have a date and time if an engineer or appointment made.A group of 20 or more included British, French and German have written a letter of complaint to all travel agents.

I was spoke to the rep as I asked to change hotels to be told I would have to pay £1000 to move hotels for 9 days. Because I said I had previously stayed at 5* hotel it is being implied that is why I am unhappy. I have also stayed at 4* hotels in the past and this is not 4*
I am given misleading information by a rep and the rep at the resort is putting it on me.

Also the staff need to be trained in basic first aid a gentleman clolapsed if it wasn't for British people dealing with the situation I dread to think they just stood doing nothing until shouted at.
Pictures to follow and a futher review.

A genuine reviewer

I would love to know what Trip Advisor has based this on and when were they last at this hotel????

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family